PDA

View Full Version : SSV vs. Tige 22V

Bags
08-16-2004, 11:10 PM
I need your help. I am in the market for a new boat. Currently have a I/O Regal. Beautiful boat, open bow and lots of room. I need to keep the \"family boat\" but not great for slalom or wakeboarding. I realize that there is no \"perfect\" boat for both. The direct drive will give a better wakeless slalom and the V-drive will give a better wake. I like the wakeplate of the supra believing that the SSV may give a darn good slalom and a excellent wakeboad ride. Tige has a similar TAPS system of wake plate and touts their V22 as a excellent slalom wake and excellent wakeboard wake. Is this possible? true? Is there a difference between the Supra and Tige trim plates and hulls with regards to wake form on these two boats? Can you experts with more experience help me with this?
Thanks
Mike

cowtipper179
08-17-2004, 05:59 AM
Our family can't give you an expert opinion on the slalom wake, we're wakeboarders, but I can at least testify that we , as well as most or our wakeboarding friends, much prefer the wake of the SSV over Tige. A few other factors to consider is interior layout & resale value -- Tige doesn't have the playpen & stadium seating, which we thoroughly enjoy, and Tige doesn't have the resale value of the Supra. Tige has really been loosing market share lately -- and there are usually reasons for that. We did pull a slalom skier recently who was happy with the wake at 32 MPH, but he was by no means a "slalom expert", so don't hang your hat on that . Overall, think you'll be much happier with the Supra. If you think there is even the possibility that your family will be "bitten" by the wakeboard bug, save yourself some $$$ and look at the Gravity Edition -- it will save you money long term vs buying the standard SSV & then adding a subwoofer, amp, tower lights, perfect pass, and tower speakers --- all of this comes on the Gravity boat -- a good value for not much more per month. Happy riding whichever way you go !!

Bags
08-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Cowtipper;
Thankd for the reply. I can appreciate the wakeboarding benefits of the Supra. My kids like the wakeboard but one boy and myself like to slalom so.....that is the only hangup. I really need to know how the slalom wake is comared to a I/o or and a direct drive. Anyone else have an opiniion????

DrewT
08-18-2004, 07:23 AM
I have a Supra Launch SS and have skied behind a SSV only once. The Launch has a better slalom wake. We tried to make the SSV wake a small as possible but it still was not as small as the Launch. The SSV wakeboard wake is one of the best I have ever seen.

GRAVITY04
09-22-2004, 05:55 AM
Go with the SSV. I have the GG edition and the wake is awsome. Now pump the water out and trim the wakplate up and you have a ski boat. The layout of the launch is awsome. I cant say enough good things about the launch. I had a malibu before this boat and i love the launch.......

DrewT
09-22-2004, 07:36 AM
If you are looking for the most versitile boat, it will be a direct drive, and the Launch SS is a good one for Skiing and wakeboarding. Wakeboarding can't find a better wake than a SSV but it is a little to big for running a slalom course. I think that you will find with any of the other manufactureres V drives.