PDA

View Full Version : Looking at upgrading my Mobius

austinxlv
08-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I have a 2005 XLV and am looking at a 2010 24v Worlds Edition with the 340 HP engine

Anyone have any regrets or complaints with their 24v to date? I have had a few seats tear but otherwise it has been a great boat mechanically.

KG's Supra24
08-03-2010, 01:28 PM
I love my 24. Is there a price difference between 2010 and 2011? Remember there is a new hull and design for 2011. I've had a few minor complaints but nothing related to the boat being a 24.

austinxlv
08-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think i'm leaning towards the standard Launch 24V now. I haven't seen any pricing on the 2011. I've been looking at what South Austin Marine has in inventory on 2010 and 2009s.

Matt Laird
08-04-2010, 11:07 PM
I Love everything about my SSV24, I'm actually wanting to go demo a 2011 242... Man those thing are sweet...

Fman
08-05-2010, 12:44 AM
I have a 2005 XLV and am looking at a 2010 24v Worlds Edition with the 340 HP engine

Anyone have any regrets or complaints with their 24v to date? I have had a few seats tear but otherwise it has been a great boat mechanically.

Take a look at the 2011's the boat has been completely redesigned, and it looks really nice.... but I am sure you would not be disappointed with a 2010 and the price would probably be a little less expensive.

OLDSCHOOL85
08-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Yall are missing out. 85 comp is where its at. haha

austinxlv
08-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I hear the 2011's will be in the dealers next month. Might have to be patient and wait to check them out. However my boat is out of commission so it's not easy waiting!

Fman
08-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I hear the 2011's will be in the dealers next month. Might have to be patient and wait to check them out. However my boat is out of commission so it's not easy waiting!

If you can afford the 2011 HOLD OFF... custom order one, they are sweeeeeet!

tre
08-20-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm not yet convinced the 2011 is a totally new hull. I know everybody says it is. To me the 242 hull looks like an evolution of the 24ssv hull. They smoothed out the contours just above and below the rub rail. They moved the blower vent from the sides of the back to the middle of the back. I have yet to see completely underneath the hull but from what I have seen the shape looks the same. The overall exterior shape looks the same.

Here is the good and the bad - first the bad.

To me they did not fix the one big issue - the extreme bend down in the front. The front is so low to the water. If you are on a wavy lake, it is very easy to take some water over the bow. If you wakesurf, it is very easy to take water over the bow. This is bad with empty ballast and even worse with full. This can easily be overcome by good driving skills but you have to keep a certain speed to keep the bow up on a wavy day. Sometimes you can't even slow down or stop or you will take on water over the bow. This and the fit and finish could be a bit better for a 70k boat. We have a good dealer so they take care of all the little issues that should never have been there to begin with (poor trim work, screws in strange places, poor weather stripping on the windshield, loose and missing screws, gaps in trim, Gel coat cracks, etc. If the boat was 30k, I would expect these things. That said, we keep a list and the dealer takes care of all these at once. All of this is just little fit and finish stuff. Mechanicals have been great.

That said me and my whole family love the boat. The boat does handle choppy water and big waves with ease (provided you keep the bow up). Everybody who has been in the boat in rough water comments how amazingly smooth the boat rides. The wake is top notch, the ballast system is great, the interior is nice, and it has more goody’s than you can imagine. There is a ton of room in the boat. We have had 12 people in the boat multiple times and there is tons of room for people to switch seats and move around. There was still room for more people. The stereo is nice for a sock system and I love the rear facing seat behind the driver. I hope they keep this as an option on the new 242. There is plenty of power to pull up people with full ballast and tons of storage room. There is even plenty of power to get slalom skiers with ease.

Edit: one mre thing. The Supra dual battery setup is sweet. One battery for starting, one for accessories, both charge from the alternator yet are isolated from each other in case one dies running the stereo. Z cargo rack is also great.

austinxlv
08-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Thank you for all the great info. That was extremely helpful.

I'm beginning to look at the 22V now just because of the price. Maybe i'll just wait and see what the 2011 brings and how boat show prices look this year?

Thanks again.