PDA

View Full Version : Rear Ski Locker pics

syrupdawg
08-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I bought a 1999 Supra Launch that was a repo. I saw the manuals that supra has online but I would like some pictures of under the rear top seat if someone doesnt mind taking me some. All you can see under mine is the fuel tank and in the manual supra says that there is supposes to be a ski locker. It looks like alot of storage room going to waste that I could be using. If someone could help me I would appreciate it. Thanks

warek1814
08-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't have a pic of the in side but on my old boat (99 launch) It had a black plastic drop in tubb for skis,rope,handle etc. I want to say it was about 6-8 inches deep. You could unscrew the tubb pull it out and be able to access the fuel tank.

syrupdawg
08-03-2010, 09:09 PM
yea that sounds about right i was thinking about making another one out of sheetmetal and covering it with rhino lining to keep it from rusting

warek1814
08-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Ya that sound like a good idea. When I traded mine in ther were cracks on the edges and working their way down.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-04-2010, 11:16 AM
syrup what a lot of people do is pull that locker liner out and put a fat sac in there. In combination with the hard tank under your rear bench seat that comes stock it should be enough weight for the rear of the boat. Should be able to fit a full size 720lb sac but ask around. You can get discounts on sacs at http://www.wakeskishop.com/ with discount code SUPRADEAL10 for 10% off and free shipping over $99 too. They also have surfers, props, wet/drysuits, handles, etc. You would probably want some weight for the bow and an extra sac for surfing eventually. :) Best of lukc and lets see the pics! How did you find her?

syrupdawg
08-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Well what about all that weight sitting on top of the fuel tank? It won't hurt it? Ill get some pictures posted soon. I found it on boat trader and they were asking $11000 so I offered them $8000 and they took it. It was badly faded and needed some TLC. This past winter I had it wet sanded but it didn't work to my satisfaction so I'm contemplating a wrap or paint. I haven't decided which yet. The hour meter shows 970 hours but the motor runs like a champion. I couldn't be happier with it. The trailer on the other hand is in bad shape. I am going to buy another trader this winter if anybody knows of one forsale or where I can get one

87SunSportMikeyD
08-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Damn that's a good deal. Unreal!!! If you are going to put a sac on top of the gas tank most people either support the tank or build a shelf over the top of it.

syrupdawg
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
That's what I was figuring