PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Z5: what tools are need?

cigars n scotch
08-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I purchased a used Z5 from someone recently and had to wait for Ray at Z5 to get the hardware together for me (big thanks to him for doing this, he was a tremendous help!) The rack doesn't come with any Z5 installation instructions so I was wondering if anyone put theirs on themselves and can offer some help and advice.

Ray explained to my wife that we need a hog ring tool. Not really sure where those hog rings go, and I need to also attach the 90-degree top piece for the arm that hooks into the clamp (he sent this piece that looks like a rivet and has a nail attached to it) I can take some pics if you're unsure what I am talking about.

Is there any drilling required? What tools should I pack up to bring for this installation?

Thanks.

Diggs
08-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Mine installed with just allen wrenches if I remember correctly. It is pretty easy install, but will help to have another one close by so you can duplicate it. Or have some pictures of some installed.....

cigars n scotch
08-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Well I got it up. It is definitely not a one-person job, I needed the help of my wife and mother. I'm hoping that the clamps are in the right spot on the tower, if anyone wants to post some closeup pictures of their Z5 I would greatly appreciate it.

docdrs
08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
http://moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=12239

here is a link to pics of my Z5 so you can see where i have the clamps.....was not too hard to install by myself......