PDA

View Full Version : 2011 SUPRA 242 Video link with Trevor Hanson riding

Fman
08-05-2010, 12:21 AM
For anyone interested in the new SUPRA 242, here is a video link released with Trevor Hanson riding behind the boat and going over the new features for 2011. If you scroll past the first video, there is also some new information in the new 2011 Bu's.

http://news.activeh2o.com/

dusty2221
08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
In love with that boat.....

tg0824SSVGG
08-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Mostly loving that new boat...

I personally prefer the old seat layout (the one that I have)

Hard tanks are a mixed blessing -- if you live where Mussels are a problem,
hard tanks are going to be a pain for you.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the adjustable drivers seat. My seat is about 2" too low for my comfort level - I use a throwable life cushion to raise my seat (I don't like the bolster,
it's TOO high and too narrow for long term use).

I love that they have moved the "heat snakes" out into the boat where you need
them instead of being in the passage to the bow.

I may be beginning to like that tower ... still out on that.

I would love to try out the vision system. Part of me thinks it is AWESOME, part
of me worries about more gadgets to fail.

Not trying to put it down, I am very impressed that Skiers Choice is willing to make
massive new investments in this tough time.

Wonder if they would sell that drivers seat pedestal to an 08 Supra owner ... Hmmm

87SunSportMikeyD
08-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Sure for like $700 :p

87SunSportMikeyD
08-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Wow I like the sounds of these excerpts:

The 24′1″ Supra Launch 242 is build on a brand-new hull that’s designed to both maintain the pro-level wakes of the Launch 242’s predecessor, the Supra Launch 24V, and increase the wakeboard boat’s stability and interior space. It succeeds on both accounts.

The Supra Launch 242’s interior won’t have any trouble handling all the judges, photographers and rope girls that Wakeboard World’s can throw at. The main cockpit is almost two feet longer than that of the Launch 24V, and the wakeboard boat comes outfitted with luxury touches like Supra’s new snakeskin vinyl and recessed speaker boxes.

While riders will be plenty pumped on the Supra Launch 242’s wakes, the happiest person at Wakeboard Worlds might be the towboat driver. For starters, he’ll be sitting in the Launch 242’s new height-adjustable driver’s seat, which he can raise or lower a full five inches. Plus, he can swivel around to easily snag a cold beverage from his own built-in cooler. Last but not least, he’ll be sitting in front of the new Supra VISION system, which aggregates almost all of the wakeboard boat’s functions into a easy-to-use LCD control system.

Fman
08-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Also like how they did the rear facing seat behind the drivers seat but its not as big as the old style and leaves you more space in the center of the boat. Also looks like they reduced the ski locker sizes to allow more stadium seating area.

The boat definitely sits low in the water in bow area, must be when the ballast is full seeing as its 1100 lbs in the front! would like to see how they did the hard tanks... almost sounds like hard tank in the front and bags in the rear???

Love the tower, especially how it improves driver visibility in the front without having the tower legs in your view.

All in all, looks like a sweeeeet ride, would like to see some in different color schemes.

syrupdawg
08-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Check out the worlds edition! Its beautiful