PDA

View Full Version : Gauges

Dan Schoenber
08-24-2004, 11:08 AM
I have a 99 Legacy, which has developed a problem affecting all gauges. At any given time, all gauges & speedometers will die. After a few seconds or minutes, they will all start working. Any thoughts?????

Salty87
08-24-2004, 05:37 PM
sounds like a ground problem...since it's getting them all at the same time, check the main ground for the panel

Ed Obermeier
09-10-2004, 07:04 PM
I've heard the same "ground problem" crap before and that's not the issue. The issue is the junk controller module Supra used for 99 - 00 for the electronic guages. I had the first one replaced at 130 hours under warranty (all guages went totally dead after a spell of working/not working/jumping around weirdly/then death). I have the same problem again, all guages dead since early July, same problems leading up to death as before. The boat now has just over 300 hours on it and if I didn't have Perfect Pass the boat would be unuseable. If is is a ground problem then it has to be directly connected to the controller module in some manner.

Of course my boat is no longer under warranty but replacement of a 2nd controller module with only 170 hours on it shouldn't be something I should have to pay for. I baby my boat so it's definitely not an abuse/lack of care issue. I'll be having it out with the dealer soon (unfortunately not the same dealer I bought new from but the only Supra dealer in 250 miles) as to who whould pay for the replacement. Possible purchase of a new LTS vs a new LXI may be on the line here dependent on the kind of service I get...

Ed Obermeier
09-10-2004, 07:05 PM
BTW I've checked all of the grounds, that ain't it.