PDA

View Full Version : Shower

Stew
08-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Suggestions on installing and routing a shower in a 01 Comp? Also best way to wire it into existing breakers and switches.

Salty87
08-24-2004, 05:49 PM
not tailored specifically to 01 comp, but i was able to re-use an acc switch on the dash. i added my own power and ground wiring, fuse the power line if you're adding a wire. if you don't have a spare dash switch, you could add a switch in a not-so-obvious spot for a stealth shower.

i removed my rear bench locker and installed the pump on the backside of the bolts that secure the tow ring. i mounted the pump on a piece of pressure treated wood, drilled holes in the wood so the tow ring bolts stuck out and secured with nuts and all. the temp controls are mounted in the rear ski locker and the hose is there as well. just left the lid, grab the hose, and start spraying.

one note, you'll have to splice into your raw water for cold water AFTER your impeller. i didn't have enough pressure when i tried t'ing in before the impeller.

it's not too hard to do once you lay it all out.

Stew
08-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Salty,
Due to the fact that back is all fiberglass(one piece) I am confused as to pathways for hoses to go thru. Right now that seems to be the problem. Even opening the cover to the shaft there is no opening up thru the deck or back to get into the storage compartment.
Ideas.
Stew