PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Position Sensor (TPS)

jzelt
08-10-2010, 08:48 AM
I have a 2004 Indmar Assault EFI 5.7 Liter (320 HP).

I have removed the throttle body position sensor (stupidly) and can't get it put back on. It looks like I would need to back out the screw (I believe it is called the Pilot screw) that stops the throttle body (venturies) when they are closed in order to get it in the right position. The end of the (pilot) screw (where you would typically put a screw driver) comes to a cone shape and has ~30 tiny teeth around the outside head and a very thin gap (between the head of the screw and the housing) that looks like a socket type of wrench would go over it to back it out so the throttle stop would close more.

The teeth are flush with the housing, so there is nothing to grab.

Is this type of wrench available or If you could give me some tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

michael hunter
08-11-2010, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't move that screw unless you are capable of resetting the tps. Ask the dealer how much they would charge to install it I doubt it would be that much.

jzelt
08-11-2010, 09:06 AM
I figured it out. You need to put the throttle in the open position, the sensor will then slide on end of the throttle body and function again.