PDA

View Full Version : fyi on electric choke

dshaff24
08-12-2010, 10:51 PM
I adjusted my choke today and it solved my issue with cold start and shutting off when putting it into gear

It was easy all you do it loosen the screws and turn it counter clockwise till the choke closes and then to test it all you do is turn the key on and after a min it will fully open! Shut the key off and it takes a little time to close but it does!

Supra-in-steamboat
08-13-2010, 09:13 AM
I travel between 6000- 8000ft with my boat alot. Whenever I go as low as 6000ft, I have to dial the choke at least one line clockwise. If I do not- the boat will start, run, perform the same until I stop for awhile. Upon restart it fires up perfect, idles at @1000rpm for @ 5seconds, then falls to @500 and stays there for 1.5-2 minutes. The rpms slowly creep up like it is warming again. I'd ditch the choke, but it is always colder here in Steamboat and the water follows suit. I am sure I could run a manual set up, but am leaning more towards the carb being my issue as I havn't touched it in a few seasons minus weekly cleanings post surf sessions. Some of the research I did indicated (mostly in automotive applications) that some of the chokes have restricter buttons for adjustment limiting on them. I personally havn't seen one, but have only replaced my choke once. I do notice it will move quite a bit (adjustment wise) without moving the choke plate any. There is also a screen intake for it. It must be clean or it will burn the choke.

mapleleaf
08-18-2010, 05:05 PM
I adjusted my choke today and it solved my issue with cold start and shutting off when putting it into gear

It was easy all you do it loosen the screws and turn it counter clockwise till the choke closes and then to test it all you do is turn the key on and after a min it will fully open! Shut the key off and it takes a little time to close but it does!

two notches back and I'm warming up without touching the throttle lever...I love it.......