PDA

View Full Version : What do y'all think?

Captain Kirk
08-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Ok, I'm new to the forum and really suck at it so far...

I'm thinking about buying an '89 Pirata and have created an album with some pics.

Check it out and let me know what you think. The transmission is stuck in forward and the boat needs some TLC. I'm thinking I can get it for under 5k, is this a good deal or bad?

FYI, the floor felt solid, I didn't notice any soft spots.

Thanks for the help/advise.

Captain Kirk
08-13-2010, 04:59 PM
you have to click on my name to see the pics...

dusty2221
08-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Cap'n, I sent you a PM. I think you would have your work cut out for you.

edgewater1
08-13-2010, 06:06 PM
some of the interior pictures lead me to believe it has been heavily used, for the right price any boat is worth it. i would n't want to pay more than 3k. if you have to redo the floors and stringers it would be around 3k. so 6k is what you would be in the boat which would nt terrible. i would ask the man if you could drill a core sample of the stringer and then seal it with 5200. thats what i would first do then i would run it for an hour pay for some gas and run it,,,, run it make sure it does not over heat, or when it starts, the starter does not click, thats a bad fly wheel. i would check the boat out throughly.
if the transmission is stuck in forward i would buy it for under 3k, maybe 2.5k. the transmission will be 1600 new and then u would have to install it or pay someone.
so to finish i would get a core sample, run it a lot, and not pay over 3k., any other question?,,,, don't get emotional, it's just a boat.