PDA

View Full Version : Does this boat just keep getting better?????

Fman
08-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Is it me, or does this boat just keep getting better looking..... of course the passenger in the front bow also helps a little :) this pic makes a nice screen saver!

mapleleaf
08-14-2010, 01:31 AM
Sorry I'm a little confused...passenger in the bow or the stern????? Yes Travis this advertising has got me wanting a new boat yesterday. Apparently my lady at the bank gets back from her vacation tomorrow.....I've got some questions for her next week.......

csuggs
08-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Well I guess a new boat is always a temptation we must face. For some, it's the right thing to do. I guess when you get tired of fooling around with repairs and can justify spending the money, it's time for a new or newer ride.
I don't have this problem right now, I'm extrememly happy with my boat even though I blew-up my trans last night. It's all rebuilt except the motor and trans, and soon I won't be able to say that . . . besides, I'm too far into my '86 to ever turn back now. Not that I would want to . . . . ;)

Oh, and yes, the ad and the ladies are appealing . .

Fman
08-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I am at least three years away from another purchase. My wife already reminded me this boat was supposed to be a "10 year" boat, and fortunately we just paid it off a few months ago. Considering I was going to buy a "used" boat to start, our '08 22 is more than sufficient for our family and our needs. Still reliable and running strong after 225 hours.

As much as I like the 242, its a little big for us, I am hoping they redesign the 22 over the next few years, this would be much more appealing for me to upgrade. The 21V is a nice boat, just a little small for me.

Still diggin' the pics of the 242.....

jaywidhalm
08-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Travis...225 hours already??! Thats impressive...you've spent some time on the water! Mine has less than 80 on it...and I think we got them about the same time. My season is a little different than yours though...:)

Fman
08-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Travis...225 hours already??! Thats impressive...you've spent some time on the water! Mine has less than 80 on it...and I think we got them about the same time. My season is a little different than yours though...:)

Considering I bought it in Dec of 2008, I have been pleased we have been running it hard. As I tell most who ask about it, did not buy it to sit in the garage! We can usually keep on the water here until about mid october, then it gets a little chilly. Last year we put 130 hours on it, and about 100 so far this year... not to shabby!

August has been slowing down for us, kids are back in school, little ones in basketball, my daughter has soccer tourneys almost every weekend, and my oldest starts Rugby. Usually this is when I start going out with my friends from work. September is epic around here, the lakes are empty and the water is fantastic!

mapleleaf
08-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Ahhhh California dream'in......

Fman
08-16-2010, 02:02 AM
It's a very good looking boat, but you take off that Supra logo and Launch logo and I'd be willing to bet ya most Supra owners couldn't tell you if it's a Supra or a Malibu or one of the other hundreds of boats that look just alike. Shame they lost their originality from the 80's and 90's. Still make a great boat, but they seem to have taken a cue from car manufacturers where everything is just plain boring. Bummer.

WOW, could not disagree with you more.... The paint scheme is similar to the Malibu, but look at a Malibu LSV and the 242 next to eachother and they really dont look the same.

If this is a boring boat, then I must be really boring... because I'll take two!

tg0824SSVGG
08-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Hey Jay -- Travis has nothing for hours. He's a lightweight.

My 08, purchased in August of that year, just turned 335 hours yesterday - and
remember, I don't live in California - but Colorado where the season is MUCH shorter.
(and for 4-5 months of the year, you can drive a CAR on the water)

Just kidding Travis - but like you, we didn't buy the boat to sit outside and just
look pretty!!! it gets used, and this year is way lighter than normal usage (for us).

Now - I have to figure out what happened yesterday, just before we were ready
to load the boat for the 3 hour drive home - the "Eng Fault" showed up in the display.
(At least it was at the END of the trip!)

Todd

PS: I am also many years from a new boat as well - finally getting this one
setup the way I want it.

KY Steve
08-16-2010, 09:02 AM
but look at a Malibu LSV and the 242 next to eachother and they really dont look the same.

I agree and I really like the look of both, except that tower Malibu uses is UGLY! Cant wait to see the 242 in person.

KG's Supra24
08-16-2010, 09:17 AM
I agree and I really like the look of both, except that tower Malibu uses is UGLY! Cant wait to see the 242 in person.

Right?? I just dont see how that tower is appealing to anyone. I dont even like the illusion tower they had before it, the one that Moomba has now. I like the traditional towers that Supra has stayed with.

I would agree the new seating layout is more like a Malibu (or every other boat) but i think it will work out good. Should provide plenty of space and it looks like the seat behind the driver is still pretty big.

I would love to see one in person and sit in it. Looks like the interior is very nice.

blaze5012
08-16-2010, 01:19 PM
I couldnt agree more about the towers. I still like the tower that came on my 06 a tad better than that new tower. I think the new seating layout is good, I would like having some more toom in the seating area when I have a bunch of people back there.

Here is a photoshop I did putting the older tower on this boat and a couple other things. I feel like it looks a little bit better with the old tower, what do you guys think?

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7037/suprafinal.jpg
________
teen vids (http://teenvid.org)

KG's Supra24
08-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Sick!!! You changed the weird paint lines, right? The tinted window looks awesome. Still not a fan of the chrome accesories on a black tower, though. I think it all has to go black or nothing.

Of course I may be biased, this is coming from someone with the below boat with plans to powdercoat everything on the tower over winter. And is also pricing having all the white regelcoated black. :)

tg0824SSVGG
08-16-2010, 02:56 PM
As for the seating change - I much prefer what I have now -- with the big seat behind the driver facing back. I had all kinds of comments raving about that seating arrangement
over the weekend -- and 2 people sitting there most of hte weekend.

(Of course, I DO like the wide open floor for placing stuff - so I feel sort of
schizophrenic in that I like BOTH!)

Todd

blaze5012
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Yeah Im not a fan of the chrome on the tower either, I was just to lazy by the end to change that in photoshop. I did change the weird paint line because I thought it made the boat look weird with a bulge in the middle, Im pretty sure this has become my dream setup...
________
Honda CB650SC (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CB650SC)

Fman
08-16-2010, 08:23 PM
As for the seating change - I much prefer what I have now -- with the big seat behind the driver facing back. I had all kinds of comments raving about that seating arrangement
over the weekend -- and 2 people sitting there most of hte weekend.

(Of course, I DO like the wide open floor for placing stuff - so I feel sort of
schizophrenic in that I like BOTH!)

Todd

I also like the rear facing seat, but I like how they shortened it to not take up so much space in the center of the boat. It still serves a good purpose, but allows a little more space in the center of the boat.

The new progressive tower I really like, I also like the rad-a-cage. What I really like about the progressive tower is how you dont have the tower legs in your line of sight when driving. I drove my friends '09 LSV Malibu last year and it was really nice to have an open view with no tower legs.

I am sure you can order the 242 with either tower, I do like the photoshop pic, will be nice to see some other colors on it. Not a huge fan or red and black. Also want to see the "hard tank" system they have now, from the Trevor Hanson video I saw it sounds like it might only be hard tanks in the bow, hope they put out some pictures soon.

Fman
08-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey Jay -- Travis has nothing for hours. He's a lightweight.

My 08, purchased in August of that year, just turned 335 hours yesterday - and
remember, I don't live in California - but Colorado where the season is MUCH shorter.
(and for 4-5 months of the year, you can drive a CAR on the water)

You are putting some hours on it, that is fantastic!!! I hope I can get a few more days in on the water over the next few months....