PDA

View Full Version : 2009 21 Launch - tame the wake for skiers?

The Squeaky Wheel
08-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Just bought a new 2009 21 Launch and moved up from an '07 Outback V.

I LOVE this boat in every way but my kids are struggling a bit. Both my 11 year old (slalom) and 7 year old (twin skis) ski and they're incredibly challenged by the wake - even without ballast and plate full down. The Moomba was much better in this regards.

This will never be a boat to pull through a slalom course, but if there's any way to tame the wake for the tots, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks !

docdrs
08-16-2010, 12:22 PM
go faster.......like 38mph it flattens out.......unfortunately thats not good for your situation.........its a wakeboard boat :)

The Squeaky Wheel
08-16-2010, 12:32 PM
go faster.......like 38mph it flattens out.......unfortunately thats not good for your situation.........its a wakeboard boat :)

Ha !

That's what I told my wife. She didn't appreciate the humor.

Diggs
08-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah it is not as much of a crossover boat as the outback.
My only suggestions would be speed up, have your passengers farther forward, wake plate down.

The Squeaky Wheel
08-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Yeah it is not as much of a crossover boat as the outback.
My only suggestions would be speed up, have your passengers farther forward, wake plate down.

about what i figured. I tried adding some center ballast only but didn't make much difference one way or the other.

Oh well....my girls will just have to toughen up a bit. Good thing the next door neighbor still has an Outback. I'll trade him ski runs for surf time behind the Supra :p

tre
08-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Teach the wife and kids to wakeboard and surf. Sell the ski on ebay and tell them somebody stole it out of the boat. Tell them you ordered a new ski and the USPS lost it. You ordered a new ski but it was backordered. All the while you get them to wakeboard while they wait for the new ski that never arrives. Problem solved.