PDA

View Full Version : Racoons!!

SUPRALUVIN
08-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Yes...Racoons decided to make a home out of my SUPRA. Needless to say all Vinyl but the captains chair is torn to shreds...engine wiring etc. I am going to take this oppourtunity while the vinyl is being redone to replace the floors and stringers if need be...etc. Any related threads to rebuilds etc. would be very helpful. I will attach pictures of the damage the little bastards did as well. Thanks guys!

oward1202
08-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Wow!!! I would let that be the sign that raccoon season is open. Not that it will put your interior back together! That is really bad news. I hope it turns out positive anyway. Put up some before and after pics for us.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Man that REALLLY sucks!! REALLY!!

SUPRALUVIN
08-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Yup really sucks...I had no idea they were even there until I untarped and found feces and foam all over the place...I chased them out babies and all! I will for sure keep you guys posted with before and afters.

mapleleaf
08-16-2010, 10:05 PM
You'd hate to blow a hole through the Kevlar hull with a 12 gauge, good thing you chased them out....and they left...... I always pour peppermint oil on a piece of blue foam insulation and leave under the cover when storing the boat for the winter.......
Good luck with the rebuild...keep us posted.....

saltare inverts
08-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Moth balls will do the trick also. Just lay them on the ground around it. Will keep mice, raccoons pretty much anything away. I recommend some inside also.