PDA

View Full Version : Best surfing boat

sbsnyder
08-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Irrespective of price, what boat is known as being the best boat on the market for surfing?

I'm sure that I"ll get several answers. I'm just curious what people think.

Thanks in advance.

KG's Supra24
08-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Centurion Enzo

87SunSportMikeyD
08-16-2010, 06:25 PM
+1 --^
that is the word around town

ScottnAz
08-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm sorry fellow Supra owners, but I've been looking at surf boats.
Here's the list of what I've been researching:

Centurion Avalanche
Tige RZ2
Centrurion Enzo

In that order

KY Steve
08-17-2010, 08:49 AM

Centurion Avalanche
Tige RZ2
Centrurion Enzo

In that order

I really like the RZ2. The wake, hull & deck construction and snap out carpet puts it way high on my list.

Supra-in-steamboat
08-17-2010, 08:56 AM
I have ridden behind the Avalanche on a few nights... Goofy wave isn't as good as my 87 SunSport. Reg wave was real nice- huge with a full boat. I'm sure the RZ is nothin short of amazing- rode behind a Tige22V which was very nice. Long, tall, and smooth with no platform interference- not supprised for 80g's. Anyone been behind the Enzo yet?

sbsnyder
08-17-2010, 12:08 PM
I appreciate the responses.

Thanks!

sbsnyder
08-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Have been doing some additional research.
The Enzo really appears to be a great surfing boat. I'm digging the sideswipe exhaust...

Matt Laird
08-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Guys, dont forget about the Supra 242... Best Surf Boat of the year I have faith in this one, If not I'm sure Jason (@ Wakemakers) will be all over it...

87SunSportMikeyD
08-18-2010, 04:18 PM
The sideswipe is nice for redirecting exhaust but everyone I have heard says it is REALLLLY loud. They preferred the traditional exhaust with FAE.

Fman
08-18-2010, 06:52 PM

Centurion Avalanche
Tige RZ2
Centrurion Enzo

In that order

I have heard the Enzos are great surf boats but are lacking build quality and fall apart.... Tige on the other hand has had some much better reviews...before you do it wait for the 242 to be released.... as big of a boat as that is, its gotta throw one sweet wake!

ssmith
08-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Yep, same boats are high on my list.

Avalanche is supposed to have a good wave on both sides. Maybe it doesn't as mentioned above.

Enzo is great but only on one side.

Tige RZ2 is good on both sides plus it has the pickle fork, which I love the looks of.

So, RZ2 moves to my number 1 spot.

ScottnAz
08-18-2010, 11:14 PM
before you do it wait for the 242 to be released.... as big of a boat as that is, its gotta throw one sweet wake!
No worries Travis, I'm not making a quick decision on this one, and I know Robbie @ the local Supra dealer is dying and willing to get me out on the new boat once it comes in. He has seen the boat and speaks very highly of it.

Tige RZ2 is good on both sides plus it has the pickle fork, which I love the looks of
Unfortuanely, and personally, I am not a huge fan of the pickle fork and thus the #2 spot for Tige in my books :) Although, I will say, my wife is a big fan of the looks and room of the pf's, and we all know who wins out in a friendly husband/wife debate :)

KG's Supra24
08-18-2010, 11:15 PM
I have also seen the big natiques on alot of videos. I don't think ever heard people talk about one, though.

That is one that would be high on my list if I were keeping one. :)

ScottnAz
08-18-2010, 11:30 PM
It's my understanding that Nauti's take a bunch of exposed/extra weight, just like Supra's do, to throw a competition wake for surfing.
Believe me, I can get a great wave with my 05' Supra using additional/exposed ballast weight, there's no doubt of that, I think I can produce one of the best inland surf waves in AZ when I want to.
What I'm looking for, and I'd assume the OP is looking for as well, is a boat that will throw a fantastic surf wake with entirely hidden ballast.
For that, I think Centurion and Tige have the lead.

KG's Supra24
08-19-2010, 10:57 AM
I'll throw another plug for the 242 here. Lets see how it does.

I can get my weight hidden in my 24 and throw a great wake. There isnt an issue with putting 1300 lbs or more hidden in the rear locker. Then with the ability to go up to 1180 in the bow, I feel like i have all the weight i need. I know some of you run more but thats alot of hidden weight. 24 just has BIG lockers.

Centurion is the best from what ive heard but im just not a big fan of the look, especially the back end.

I'm not a fan of pickleforks but the RZ2 is def the best looking one on the water.

cigars n scotch
08-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Speaking of surfing behind a Supra, and not to distract from the original thread, but do any of you have a 21V and have mastered the weight distribution for surfing behind a 21V? I've had a few people that I spoke with before I got my boat this year say to me it throws a real nice surf wave.

ScottnAz
08-20-2010, 10:19 PM
No worries, Scottie (ssmith) has got the 21V all dialed in, and I'm sure will chime in when he can tear himself away from the lake to check the forums :)

ssmith
08-21-2010, 01:06 AM
No worries, Scottie (ssmith) has got the 21V all dialed in, and I'm sure will chime in when he can tear himself away from the lake to check the forums :)
Haha :p.

I have been on my boat the last few days but its not been on the water :rolleyes:. I've been working on a few projects.

For my surf setup, I typically run 1100 rear sac, 400 sac on the rear surf side seat, 400 sac on the rear surf side floor, 650 in the ski locker.

It will look like this....

http://vimeo.com/13781298

However, I've been trying something diff lately and I'm liking it. 1100 rear sac, 650 sac in ski locker and 400 sac directly above it.

The Squeaky Wheel
09-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Speaking of surfing behind a Supra, and not to distract from the original thread, but do any of you have a 21V and have mastered the weight distribution for surfing behind a 21V? I've had a few people that I spoke with before I got my boat this year say to me it throws a real nice surf wave.

Better late than never.
I'm currently running the 1100+ lb gravity games center bags in my '09 21v rear lockers and stock center bag. I plan on having wakemakers get me a custom bigger bag for the center locker. The gravity games bag doesn't fill completely, but i'm sure it's at least 1000 lbs.

Goofy side wake is cleaner than the port side, but both are good.

Here's a vid of my wifey surfing last week with this setup and 3 humanoid ballasts on her side

http://gallery.me.com/jwldoc#100552

EDIT: that vid is actually with the 750 lb rear locker bag, not the 1100 which I subsequently added and is more betterer

Razzman
09-22-2010, 11:31 AM
A buddy of mine has a three year old 230 enzo and when weighted correctly throws a monster surf wave that i've never seen equaled and the reason a majority of surf tournements use Enzo's. Centurions are no better or worse than any other boat and they don't fall apart contrary to popular belief. He's had not one issue with his in almost 400 hours. But they aren't as nice interior wise as some boats, kinda plain actually imo. The sideswipe is great for it's intended purpose but is obnoxiously loud after awhile and he's actually stated he wished he'd passed on it.

sybrmike
09-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I saw this over on wakeworld - supposedly a bu 247 wedged & weighted to the max.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783552

Ed G
09-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Sorry guys, but the new Outback V's happen to create the best surf wake in the world.

Open invitation to anyone with a case of beer to come try one out.

I ride on the same lake as where Kyle Schmidt, Ben Greenwood and a few other Supra team members hang out.

Matt Laird
09-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Guys I have a ssv24, I thought I had a good SURFING WAKE... I bought 400# of pop bags... i can make that thing 10x cleaner by moving them around even a little.. I would think anything would like them work but the 40# bags are perfect for finely tuning the wake just my 2c

Memmer99
09-23-2010, 04:21 PM
WOW that Malibu wave is insane!

waterproof mp3
03-07-2011, 12:18 AM
I have to go with Centurion Avalanche. Its an amazing boat to wake surfing.

luxury sea
10-02-2015, 04:17 AM
The open sports LSx750 is undoubtedly the boat of the future at the forefront of technology, powerful, economical and ecological.Indeed, waterjet propulsion divided by more than three weight compared to fiberglass boats equipped with outboard motors and therefore allows great fuel economy and increased power.An unsinkable boat with its hull completely foamed polyurethane with closed cell, fully soundproofed, self-draining.Suitable for different navigation programs such as fishing, diving, transport, walks and water sports of all kinds.Turbines with independent steerable nozzles ideal for water sports with the creation of a so-called artificial wave.LSx750 of transport can be performed with a single-axle trailer with a road width of 2.5m wide making it easy to move.Kerb weight 1300kg with a trailer so ideal for light vehicles.A waterline length of less than 6m, not francisation therefore no additional cost in terms of annual fee.
An exceptional boat-measuring 7.5m to 9m.

MJHKnox
10-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Looking for some advertising?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDSMIITH
10-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Tige's new for 2016 RZX Monster surf wave plenty of video and Pics over on there forum,INSANE.