PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Germany, Bring the 21V

cptsupra
08-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Just got word I am being assigned to Germany for 3 years. Not the best timing form me and the family, but oh well.

My question is, has anyone shipped a boat to Germany, or Europe for that matter? Or any information period would be welcome. I understand the liscensing costs in Germany, but I am more concerned with the import tarrifs and shipping concerns.

Thanks for any input.

Jason

mapleleaf
08-16-2010, 09:53 PM
no idea, but would love to follow the updates on the boat move.....damn fine idea.....

ScottnAz
08-16-2010, 10:01 PM
I have no idea either Jason, and I hate to say it, but you are probably much better off trying to sell it here before you move.
I, truly, hope the move is a good thing for you and your family, but from the tone of your post,
Not the best timing form me and the family, but oh well. it seems like the boat might become "just another thing you have to deal with, and worry about" while you're trying to get settled over there.

Anyway, keep us posted. What's the purpose of the move? Military? Branch?

Mani
08-16-2010, 11:18 PM
There's a guy on here that had his supra sent to switzerland. He posts as TwoCent I think. I'd ask him.

beast 496
08-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Not many lakes in Germany. But if you choose to ship check out how much to get it CE certified. If the boat is not Certified it will not leave the dock in Germany. I know you will have to have a fire extinguisher access to engine compartment, and maybe some different capacity navigation lighting. Al

cptsupra
08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the input/ideas/support. I am in the Army. Been back in the US since Christmas Day 2009, been apart from wife for 2 years this September, and probably more, as I will be deployed from Germany. None of this is unexpected by me, the only thing making it hard on the family is that we are expecting our first child as I am moving.

Anyway, thanks again for the input. Part of my reason for moving it there would be to use it if I can, and probably sell it there, as I know they pay considerably more for the same boat after tarrif's and all that. I obviously have a lot of research to do between now and January.

Jason

87SunSportMikeyD
08-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I have heard getting a boat on the water there is very difficult due to government restrictions. However they have over 60 cable parks and they not a large country! Most boats over there are LPI (liquid petrolioum)

OneCent
08-22-2010, 02:10 PM
You should try to talk to the Moomba/Super Dealer in Switzerland (i don't know who is responsible for germany) - maybe he can help you with some infos.

http://www.moomba.ch

Boats a expensive here and the transport, well you have to pay that anyway ;-)

Cheers, OneCent

WadsworthSunsport22V
09-06-2010, 11:01 PM
I would not want to put gas in a boat in Germany. I was there in November and I think gas was around $8.00 / gallon at the pump, I can't imagine how much it would be at the dock? $10.00 / gallon? Anyway, $320 to $400 for tank is steep.