PDA

View Full Version : New to me 89 Conbrio...Questions.

03bamaGT
08-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Just joined the forum not too long ago and just been lurking to find some info on the Conbrios. I am picking mine up Friday and just have some general questions that hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm relatively new to boats, so these will probably be answered already. I got this boat for a really good deal and couldn't pass it up. Floors, mounts, and stringers are solid as well as a rebuilt motor with 75 hrs on it. Went and test drove it, no wierd vibrations or noises, very smooth through the RPMs. So overall a very solid boat.

My questions to you veterans are...

Anything else I should look at before picking it up?

What regular maintenance do you guys do after a day at the lake? (I'm sure there is a thread on this, just couldn't find it)

When is it time to change oil, type, and how much?

Any other general info or a link would be great. As you can see I'm fairly new to this lol. Thanks in advance!

mapleleaf
08-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Hey Welcome..... My Conbrio has served me well...on the rebuild learning curve as well as use....... General lists of boating stuff can be huge. So to start you want check the function of everything and go from there.....Check wiring connections, bilge pump, and prolly dive into a tune up. The guys at SKIDIM are super helpful and know these boats well. their prices are usually pretty good too!
get us some pics of that thing!!!! Still looking for my sister boat!!! LOL My interior was # 8067 (was written on the all the seat backs...)

03bamaGT
08-17-2010, 09:12 PM
I will have to check that lol. Thanks for the reply.

I guess my main concern is making sure I know all the proper procedures when getting back from the lake like draining and whatever else.

A tune up is definitely in store, thanks for the heads up.

mapleleaf
08-17-2010, 09:54 PM
ya back to the pic's....I know you got her...but seeing other old Supra's is too cool.
I'm fairly new to this boat ownership, so my cleanup procedure goes as follows...Wipe boat down when she's back on the trailer, shop vac out any remaining water in the bilge at home , then vac carpet and wipe down seats. If it was a rough outing (wet) I remove all life vests and weather permitting leave the cover for the next 24 hours or so to let everything dry out...
At the boat launch I also unplug the trailer lights to let them cool before putting them in the lake!!!!

03bamaGT
08-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info. Like I said, she comes home on Friday and I will definitely post pics.

rludtke
08-17-2010, 11:24 PM
I change the oil, oil filter, water separator, and impellor once a year at the start of the season. I also do the trailer wheel bearings at the beginning of the season.

If you don't know the boats history, then I recomend you start off doing all of the above, plus an ignition tune, test the battery, and maybe even a carb overhaul (especially if it has been sitting for a while).

Beyond this, I would treat everything on condition. Expect to have to deal with some bugs. Chances are they wont be big deals, just nuisances.

crystal waters
08-26-2010, 06:02 PM
further to Mapleleaf's comments I also remove/loosen the seat cushions partially so they air out. I also open up the walk thru hatch to let air into that area allowing it to dry out as well.

Blackntan90
08-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Some great advice from everybody on this thread.Along the lines of storage, I read in my owners manual about sliding the seatbottoms out an inch or so to let everything dry out. I also prop my engine hatch open with a small piece of PVC pipe to prevent condensation, and open eveything I can to let it breathe. Would love to see some pic's!

03bamaGT
08-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the replies...I have done everything listed in this thread, so I should be good.

I'll get some pics tomorrow when I pull it out of the garage.

mapleleaf
08-28-2010, 08:47 AM
lets get a look at the ole girl!!!!!!

03bamaGT
09-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Lol, sorry no pics yet. It's been raining off and on here but sunny days ahead.