PDA

View Full Version : q: padding for cargo rack/bimini?

The Squeaky Wheel
08-17-2010, 10:46 AM
So my wife and daughter keep bumping their heads on the lower rack of the bimini on my new 21 Launch. I keep hoping the pavlovian avoidance reflex will kick in, but they've asked me to pad it.

Only solution I've come up with is unsightly pipe insulation. Anybody have a more elegant solution? Some type of padding wrapped around nylon/canvas?

I suppose I could have the local canvas shop make something.

Diggs
08-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Do you have pictures of how it is mounted and maybe we will have some suggestions for re-mounting instead of adding padding? Have you tried to move it up some?
Post some pics if you have them.

The Squeaky Wheel
08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm learning the lingo so forgive the vagueness of the last post.

What I am trying to say is that gals are smacking the rear bar of the Z-5 cargo rack.

:)

tg0824SSVGG
08-18-2010, 12:23 PM
First thing that comes to my mind. Go to a store that sells fitness equipment and get
a barbell pad, like what you would use to do squats. It's typically padded, goes
over a barbell and is wrapped with some nylon material - secured with velcro...

Something like this: (available at your local sporting goods store probably)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31zpiUD0ykL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Only thought/concern, it might just spin - as most barbells are larger than the rear tube
on the Z5 ... but I bet it would work.

The Squeaky Wheel
08-18-2010, 12:34 PM
First thing that comes to my mind. Go to a store that sells fitness equipment and get
a barbell pad, like what you would use to do squats. It's typically padded, goes
over a barbell and is wrapped with some nylon material - secured with velcro...

Something like this: (available at your local sporting goods store probably)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31zpiUD0ykL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Only thought/concern, it might just spin - as most barbells are larger than the rear tube
on the Z5 ... but I bet it would work.

Good idea.
Local canvas shop said they could make something just like this, but custom to size.