PDA

View Full Version : Finally installed the Z5 Cargo rack

cigars n scotch
08-17-2010, 10:13 PM
I have read many statements from owners of Supras stating the Z5 is the best darn cargo bimini out there and worth ever penny and they'll never own another boat without one and yadda yadda yadda.

Well I finally got mine installed and got to use it this past weekend while camping at a private lake. We got a great deal on the rack (even though I had some issues with the seller) and I would like to say that Ray at Z5 Sport Racks is a top-notch business owner! He was instrumental in working with my wife and I to get our Z5 to work since we bought it off someone who had a 24SSV and we have a 21V (so our beam is wider). He made custom extension shafts and a 90-degree angle piece for each side in order for us to get it all set up. He also provided us with a new bungee cord (one of them is fraying) and he included the cargo web/net since it should have came with one. Customer service like that just doesn't exist with so many businesses these days, so thank you Ray!

Here's a pic of the boat sitting at the dock in the lake. Having the ability to unhinge the back supports and tilt it down to get the boards down or put them up is certainly an awesome feature. We love our Z5!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/newmanium/2008%20Supra%2021V/IMG_5103.jpg

Fman
08-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Looks great!

tre
08-19-2010, 09:38 AM
We have one on our 24ssv. When we were buying our boat, the one boat we liked had one on it and we thought we would just take it off. We now love it. As everone says, I would never buy a boat without it. congrats.

KG's Supra24
08-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Looks good. I, along with everyone else, just cant imagine having a boat without one.

cigars n scotch
08-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I just installed the X cargo web so now we'll be able to have 4 boards in the racks, 2 more on the rack along with our surfboard and a tube. All without taking up space. Got to love that!

Fman
08-19-2010, 11:36 PM
I just installed the X cargo web so now we'll be able to have 4 boards in the racks, 2 more on the rack along with our surfboard and a tube. All without taking up space. Got to love that!

That webbing was a PIA whenever I used it to hold the tube down. What I did was buy some 1" straps with plastic connections (4 ft ea) from REI and use them to hold the tube down. You can also strap down larger tubes with the straps, the webbing is only good for the smaller tubes.

Just an idea if you are not happy with the webbing.

cigars n scotch
08-20-2010, 08:46 AM
thanks for the info Travis, I'll have to test it out to see how much of a pain it is or isn't. It was given to us by Ray at Z5 for free since the Z5 we bought used didn't have it so of course we have to try it out. I only have a 1-person tube and we really would only use it to have someone ride in it while we have a wakeboarder riding. I don't have kids so tubing isn't a necessity. I'll let you know how it goes.

tg0824SSVGG
08-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Let us know - I took that thing off when I first got the boat (Not even sure where I put it!)

I just use the straps along the rails and the bungees there to strap down the boards.