PDA

View Full Version : Placement of tower speakers? Pictures?

The Squeaky Wheel
08-17-2010, 10:39 PM
I have 2 pair of tower speakers on the way.

I'm looking for suggestions for mounting to my tower. I also have a z5 rack.

Pictures preferred.

I want to maintain access to the cargo rack and not clog up the center, if possible.

The rack has 2 rear beams in parallel. Do most mount to the forward beam towards the bow (which would keep anyone from smacking their head on it) or the rear beam (which is closer to the water)

Thanks !

wotan2525
08-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Mount to the tower, not the Z5. You're probably going to hit your head... just the way it works.

The Squeaky Wheel
08-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Mount to the tower, not the Z5. You're probably going to hit your head... just the way it works.

LOL.

Allow me to rephrase.

The rack itself has 2 horizontal x-bars on the stern end. Do most mount to the more forward or the more rearward of the two?

Example, in this photo, the speaker bar is mounted to the forward bar. But I've seen some photos of speakers mounted directly to the rear bar.

Please pardon my ignorance....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eEN3MvOzqrU/SdZqcxpvguI/AAAAAAAAAUM/NAYLeI1zQrw/s1600-h/Pimp+My+Tower+0.jpg

The Squeaky Wheel
08-18-2010, 12:01 AM
example,
this guy has his mounted on the rear x-bar - but maybe it would be more prone to someone smacking their head on it?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/ICT0069.jpg

wotan2525
08-18-2010, 03:56 AM
It's all personal preference and how easy it is to route cables in your tower. I, personally, like them further back.... I hit my head most often (on my friends boats....) when I'm coming from the bow towards the back. As far back as possible gives you the most clearance for this situation.

jonyb
08-20-2010, 01:12 AM
I've got a WS 3-Some and mounted them on the rear tubes so I could have the Z5 mounted higher. Works out well. If you're worried about bumping your head, buy a ski boat without a tower :D