PDA

View Full Version : Pontoons

KG's Supra24
08-20-2010, 05:13 PM
My parents are looking to purchase a pontoon. I figured id post up to see if anyone had any experiences or knowledge i should know about as far as brands and other pontoon specifics.

As far as the boat goes: It will have to be a tri-toon. Outboard or I/O? I'd lean towards Outboard for simplicity purposes but have no other basis. A hardtop would be nice but not a have to have.

Brands around town: Aqua Patio, Premier, Harris Flotebote, Aloha

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Tritoon can hold a LOT more weight. Hardtop is nice but not needed. My parents have a 24' Jamaica brand I think.

LOL at some of the toons on wakeworld with wetsounds and LEDs. I was thinking maybe for my dad's birthday put a sub or LED's in the toon. He got a sub with his home theater / projector and LOVES it lol.

mapleleaf
08-20-2010, 06:50 PM
I was gonna say Tritoon as well, neighbors up north have one and it seems pretty solid, no idea on price though......

Okie Boarder
08-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Get one with the biggest I/O you can get and modify the exhaust so you can have captain's call. You'll have people womndering where the beefy V8 rumble is coming from and swear it can't be coming from the toon cruising by. ;-)

KG's Supra24
08-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Get one with the biggest I/O you can get and modify the exhaust so you can have captain's call. You'll have people womndering where the beefy V8 rumble is coming from and swear it can't be coming from the toon cruising by. ;-)

We looked at a tritoon, Aqua Patio i think, that had a swim deck on the back and a 350 chevy block I/O. Guy said it ran about 52 mph. Nuts!!

Looks like they are going to end up with a Bennington with 200 outboard.

Okie Boarder
08-26-2010, 03:09 PM
I had a friend with a Bennington with a 150. It was a pretty nice boat. I used to love when we would park together and grill on his boat. Then whoever wanted to wakeboard jumped on our boat and gave the rest of the people as show while they lounged on the pontoon.

Rusty Griswold
08-26-2010, 03:57 PM
The father in Law has a Bentley, seems cheap to me. Every time we tie up a cringe around metal parts and my fiberglass.