PDA

View Full Version : Stering loose to one side...

Ptownkid
08-22-2010, 10:37 AM
How do you adjust the steering when it is loose to one side. I realize that I may just end up centering the looseness and may have to replace the cable in order to have no play, but at least if it's loose it could be balanced for now.

How is it done?

mapleleaf
08-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I spent a small bundle redoing my cable and clamp block assembly this summer to find that I also had a bent rudder. If you're steering is stiff in one direction it may be a bent rudder (caused by the awesome power turns these boats are capable of...) Had I known in advance I probably would've replaced my rudder first. My steering is still really stiff and most of the components in it are new.....I'd check your clamp block (under removeable floor section in the back) for excessive play and maybe start by replacing it if it's worn......

Just my .02

Ptownkid
08-22-2010, 06:48 PM
well....it's not stiff at all. When I turn to the left, the boat turns right away, when I turn to the right, there's some play until the boat turns.

This is on a ski supreme that I'm selling, so I'm just trying to make it a little better without replacing.

Ptownkid
08-22-2010, 06:50 PM
just realized that when I edited my post for the spelling mistake in the title that it only edits the title of my post and not the whole thread...is there a way to correct a mistake like that?

I feel like a tool when I leave misspellings on the interwebs...

mapleleaf
08-22-2010, 06:51 PM
oh, I'd check the clamp bock still and if you want I've got a used one I'd give ya, bad shape, but you never know.......

Ptownkid
08-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Thanks John, I'll have a look as soon as the lake isn't attempting to rape my boat on the dock...boat whips are having a hard time keeping it away with the wind right now.