PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know the specs on the stock tower speakers (2009 24v)

tre
08-24-2010, 10:47 AM
I have the gravity games package with the Kicker 700.5 AMP that runs the 6 in boat speakers and sub (not sure how they run 6 speaker on 4 chanels)while there is a kicker 250.2 AMP that run the 4 kicker tower speakers. Anybody know the model of the speaker or the specs? I/m trying to tune everything so I can hear the tower speakers while surfing/wakeboarding without blasting out the passengers in the boat. I figured I may want to check the wiring if I can't get enought volume based on others experiences here. So far, everything actually sounds pretty good but the in boat speakers and tower speakers are at the same volume level. You can imagine how loud the people in the boat feel the stereo is when they are 3 feet from a speaker while a rider is 70+ feet away from the tower speakers. Too quiet for a rider and too loud for people in the boat. I have some ideas to tweak this but I can't find any specs on the stock speakers.

tg0824SSVGG
08-24-2010, 11:17 AM
I can't answer your specific questions regarding what is in the 2009, as I have a 2008, but I would recommend you take a look at the WS-420 equalizer that also allows you to independently and VERY EASILY control the in-boat and tower volumes separately without
having to mess with fader, etc. This is in my current as well as previous boat - and I don't think I would own another boat without this capability ...

DO a search for WS-420 this site, and/or look into the vendor info as well (http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/WS-420.html)

Good luck!

Todd

KG's Supra24
08-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Or you can get a couple Pac LC1's if you dont want to drop the money on the WS 420. I dont think ive ever heard anyone that doesnt like the WS 420 but the Pac LC1's are 30 bucks a piece max. You could run 1 or 2. Each controls the fade to what you hook it up to (towers, in boats, or both)

wotan2525
08-24-2010, 12:20 PM
I run the LC1s... The WS420 is just overkill for what I need.

(1) LC1 for the subs, (1) for the tower speakers

tre
08-24-2010, 01:04 PM
WS-420 looks amazing but that PAC LC1 - that is exactly what I'm looking for. Now for my next question. I would need two (I already have one that came with the stock stereo for the sub). In an ideal world, I would like to be able to control individual amp volumes from the driver area. If I run the RCA cables from the head unit to the PAC LC1 in the driver area and back again to the amp, will that create to much resistance from the long cables and do more harm than good? Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm not stereo guru.