PDA

View Full Version : what Wake tower is this

Stickleback25
08-24-2010, 05:18 PM
I purchased this boat this spring and I'd like to know what brand of tower it is
It folds
Any input would be great thanks

wotan2525
08-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I've never seen that one before... nor have I seen that color-scheme, before. I like it!

Looks like you need to put a big fat roller on the front of that trailer -- that would let you winch it a lot further on/up.

saltare inverts
08-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Its is called a skyjack. Overtons carries them.

sybrmike
08-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Congrats on your purchase & welcome to the forum - always nice to see another old Saltare.

Yep, looks like a skyjack - but don't know nuttin about em.

Is that a mid 80's vintage (teak stern rails)? Looks really clean with the subtle hull colors and graphics - your doing or a PO's?

Hard to tell from the pic, but that might be a Sunsport trailer. I'd def play around with it to see how much farther you can get the boat up on it. The Salt is a big heavy beast & needs good support.

dusty2221
08-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Congrats on your purchase & welcome to the forum - always nice to see another old Saltare.

Yep, looks like a skyjack - but don't know nuttin about em.

Is that a mid 80's vintage (teak stern rails)? Looks really clean with the subtle hull colors and graphics - your doing or a PO's?

Hard to tell from the pic, but that might be a Sunsport trailer. I'd def play around with it to see how much farther you can get the boat up on it. The Salt is a big heavy beast & needs good support.

Looks like the trailer is missing the bow roller. Might outta grab one of those before running it up any further!!

:)

Stickleback25
08-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the info. Its an 88. Yah, the trailer needs some work. That was the first time I loaded it back up and it duz have a roller, It's more of a winch problem. I rewelded the bunk mounts after I unloaded the boat over the 4th weekend and one of the bunks was floating next to me. not a good feeling. This forum has been a big help. When I bought the boat part of the floor was rotted. So I gutted the whole thing and checked stringers, they looked good. replaced bad floor. Fiberglassed over new wood and replaced new carpet. Love this boat even though its been a little work. the family loves it too.

thanks again

Stickleback25
08-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I started sanding the rails to get the teak back into shape, but decided that will be a winter project. too busy with other stuff now, barely have enough time to get on the water.
The exterior of the boat is how I bought it. the interior is almost all redone New seats, stereo and carpet

Loadup
08-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Very nice, I second the mention of seeing the old Saltares, Welcome to site.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-26-2010, 11:20 AM
She looks great!!!! More pics, more pics!

Stickleback25
08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys,

Ok, so I uploaded some pics for ya. Most were taken with phone so bad quality, but should get the idea. Thanks Under Stickleback25 profile