PDA

View Full Version : Floor

paragod
09-03-2004, 01:22 AM
Ok guys I jumped in with both feet on my 84 Supra The cap is off and the fun has started I have found tons of trapped water under this floor Yall are correct the design is crap! There are no drains for any water to move thru the stringers or bulk heads to exit the boat I found only one bad bulk head at the ski post. The foam looks to be 2 kinds a closed and open cell foam. But it is all coming out ! I have a 1974 Penn Yan and it has no one bad stringer in it it has passages for the water to drain into the main bilge if any gets down there. I will correct this problem with classed in pipes thru the stringers so water will drain to the bilge and never do this again or the next owner I also found some cool 2 part foam it comes in 2 bottles like propane tanks and it sprays in there slow expasion www.fomo.com might be back on the water before it gets cold. O yeah its Texas there is no cold :p

fixb52s
09-11-2004, 11:42 PM
PLEASE! If you can take some pictures! I will be doing the same project!

Mike

smpsupra
09-14-2004, 04:11 PM
PLEASE! If you can take some pictures! I will be doing the same project!
Richard
[email protected]:)

Salty87
09-17-2004, 03:47 PM
don't leave me out, i narrowed my leak down to the starboard exhaust. i'm popping the top this 'winter' too!

11-19-2004, 02:01 PM
It's been over 3 months and wondered how the floor project was coming along. Would you be able to share some lessons learned?

fixb52s
11-22-2004, 09:49 PM
I saw this boat on ebay. Paragod sold it back in Sept. The ad said the floors were done, but nothing about the stringers was in the ad.