PDA

View Full Version : Wanted- Prestolite dist.

Supra-in-steamboat
08-28-2010, 08:16 AM
My distributor took a s**t. I had to replace it with a Mallory breakerless for $300. This thing sucks. My idle is all over the place, too much top end not enough hole shot, runs at idle witha dead miss. No one within 3 hours that I checked with can even order the part.
Ford 351 PCM LH screw down style.

tg0824SSVGG
08-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Did you check with skidim.com or inboardonline.com? ( I know skidim has
the mallory, not sure about the prestolite -- they sell prestolite caps -- I would call them)

this place shows one:

http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=eBasicPower&Product_Code=EDM752002&Category_Code=MER10K

Supra-in-steamboat
08-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the help man. I actually found that one too. DIM only had the upgraded Mallory. So I went with it. I want the old school one with one wire that comes from the inside plate and runs to the coil. I have just stumped all parts guys locally, which doesn't suprise me as you can't ski a distributor. I am confident the part is out there somewhere.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-29-2010, 11:45 PM
My mechanic highly recommended the one from SkiDim over off-brands. I took his advice and finally saw it today wow is it nice. He also got my a really nice electronic ignition kit from skidim and yay i'm in heaven