PDA

View Full Version : 2009 21v - Gravity 3 question

The Squeaky Wheel
08-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Today my kid accidentally hit the fill switch on a rear gravity 3 bag with the ignition off. I noticed that the bottom port on the bag and tube from the pump both fills and drains the bag.

2 questions:
1. What does the upper port on the bag and the upper tube from the pump do? Is it just a passive over flow conduit? If so, it doesn't work too well.
2. Why didn't my pump shut off like it's supposed to? It keep filling and filling to the point that water was seeping out throw the fittings. It would have run forever if I hadn't seen it and shut if manually.

thanks

Ed G
08-29-2010, 11:08 AM
1. It is a vent/overflow. Sometimes the bag will kink the hose when filling, if the bag is set into the storage compartment at an angle

2. you probably need to reset your pump timer. See owners manual

The Squeaky Wheel
08-29-2010, 11:06 PM
2. you probably need to reset your pump timer. See owners manual

I can't find the instructions in the manual. Anyone care to throw me a bone?

Ed G
08-30-2010, 05:29 AM
woof.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=11192

tg0824SSVGG
08-30-2010, 08:28 AM
or

http://supraboats.com/library/downloads/SupraOwners_2009.pdf

Diggs
08-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah, just change the length of time your timer is set up for. On the 2010 it is easy to change cause it is all in the Supra Vision system. On the 09 it is a bit more difficult. Your local dealer can help you or use the owners manual. I am not exactly sure how to do it.

The Squeaky Wheel
09-03-2010, 10:47 PM
So here's the weird part.....

my center & right ballast are working OK.

The fill/drain time for the left doesn't correlate at all with the number of blinks.

Does anyone know how to completely erase the timer and start over? I tried bring it down to one blink, but it still acts funny.

The Squeaky Wheel
09-04-2010, 01:27 PM
HELP:

After frustrating myself for an hour this morning, I'm convinced that there is NO correlation between the number of blinks for my rear left ballast and the fill time. No matter how many blinks I program, it shuts off after 30 seconds, but will fill continuously. I've brought it down past 1 blink to continuous blinking, waited, reset, then brought it back up....but still only 30 seconds.

Does anyone know of a way to erase the "AI" and start over? Dealership doesn't seem overly sympathetic, aside from the usual "bring it in" reply.

The Squeaky Wheel
09-05-2010, 05:29 PM
or......does anyone know how to bypass the timer module so I can fill manually?

Still getting only 30 seconds of fill, no matter how many "blinks" I set on the timer. Funny, after it starts to blink 6 times indicating "bag full", it then works properly to fill the bag in 1 minute intervals if I keep manually flipping the rocker.