PDA

View Full Version : New Supra Owner w/question

mallenger
08-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey everyone, New to the forum and I just purchased a 2010 21v sunsport. It now has 21 hours on it and we are loving it. I've got 750's in the back and i'm running an extra 650 in the walkway when riding seriously...
Looking forward to this fall, I realized that there doesn't seem to be an option for a wind screen for the front walk thru. What are my options here? I don't really want to get a bow cover, but that is the only good solution I can think of at this point.

I'll try to get some photos up of the new boat on here soon. Thanks,

dusty2221
08-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Over on the Moomba forum some guy fabbed up a piece of either abs plastic, or if i remember, he bought an oversized cutting board from walmart and cut it to fit the walkway and out some small chanels for it to slide into.

saltare inverts
08-30-2010, 03:05 PM
You can buy sheets of plastic for marine use in different thicknesses. You can then make a folding door in walkway. Mastercraps are mad with them. Go by and look at one, but dont wear your Supra hat.

tg0824SSVGG
08-30-2010, 03:36 PM
When it's REALLY cold, we have a bow cover we put on.

Do you have a "playpen" or walkthru? ( I seem to recall that standard "sunsport" comes with the walkthru,
but they used to let you select whether or not you wanted the playpen)

In our "playpen" configuration, there is a seat that folds "up" facing forward. When it is "up", it is in front of the windshield "door" and blocks MOST of the wind.

tg0824SSVGG
08-30-2010, 03:42 PM
It also seems that SHOULD have been an option on your boat, according to the
configuration screen on this website, see attached:

Fman
08-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Hey everyone, New to the forum and I just purchased a 2010 21v sunsport. It now has 21 hours on it and we are loving it. I've got 750's in the back and i'm running an extra 650 in the walkway when riding seriously...
Looking forward to this fall, I realized that there doesn't seem to be an option for a wind screen for the front walk thru. What are my options here? I don't really want to get a bow cover, but that is the only good solution I can think of at this point.

I'll try to get some photos up of the new boat on here soon. Thanks,

First off, congrats on your new 2010...

You should have a vinyl wind screen that will snap into the walk-thru area. It works pretty good, although I had my local upholstry shop make me a full sunbrella bow cover which totally blocks all the wind/cold out. With the bow cover on, front heaters and heated seat we stay pretty toasty warm in the cockpit area on a cold day.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Even my 87 came with a walkthru wind screen! Hehehehe I couldnt help myself

Lets see somce PICS!!! :)

INBOARDFIXR
09-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Try raising up the cushions in the walkway if your boat is playpen equipped. You may notice that it tilts and there are two folding brackets that lock it at an angle.

Diggs
09-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Congrats on the boat. Pics??
His boat does not have the playpen so you can't just raise a seat to block it. I have seen people just make a simple sunbrella shield with snaps that snap in your walk through. That is probably what I would do. Simple, effective, cheap.

jaywidhalm
09-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Congrats on the boat. Pics??
His boat does not have the playpen so you can't just raise a seat to block it. I have seen people just make a simple sunbrella shield with snaps that snap in your walk through. That is probably what I would do. Simple, effective, cheap.

I agree...that way you don't loose your open bow if someone does want to sit up there. I still need to do this with mine as well.

mallenger
09-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all your input. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back on here, work has been crazy.
Yes it does have the walkthru with no playpen up front. It does have a bow filler cushion, so the only area that will be open to wind when the filler cushion is installed is from the bottom of the closed windshield to the top of the bow filler cushion. I like the plexi glass idea I just don't know how i'd get it to stay in place.
I also bought the boat off the lot so I didn't get to pick and choose the options. It is almost exactly what I would have ordered given the chance. Here are a couple of photos. Thanks,

jzelt
09-03-2010, 12:45 PM
If you went with plexi-glass, you could get a piece of aluminum channel from a hardware store and bolt it to the sides, then slide the piece of glass into it and close the window.

I would be more inclined to get material and fasten snaps. It would be easier to find a place to store it when not needed.

viking
09-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Here's the thread on the mod! I'm a regular over there and just kinda a stalker over here :p

http://moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=11056&highlight=wind+blocker