PDA

View Full Version : Arcadia Lake - Oklahoma?

Okie Boarder
08-31-2010, 09:55 AM
So, who all is hitting Arcadia lake? I'd love to meet up with anyone that is.

cowwboy4
12-13-2010, 02:29 PM
A little bit late but me and my buddy chris are out there all the time in his black/yellow centurion.

Okie Boarder
12-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Sounds good. We'll have to try to meet up next season. I wonder if we've seen ya but didn't know it...LOL!

tnbrooks01
02-19-2011, 11:20 PM
How big is arcadia lake? I have never been there. We are from Tulsa but lived down in Mustang for a couple of years. We are looking for more variety and meeting different folks out on the water.

Todd

Okie Boarder
02-21-2011, 06:04 PM
It's not real big...less than 2000 acres. It works well if you live close, but I wouldn't necessarily travel far to go to it.

24vOKC
03-05-2011, 07:48 PM
I wouldnt mind riding at arcadia a few times this season. But, it gets crowded with power turnning tubers!

Matt Laird
03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
24v welcome to the forum...might be interested in joining in on the Tx-Ok group on here...

Okie Boarder
03-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Welcome! Definitely join the group. There is a Memorial Weekend trip being planned that you could get in to, to Texoma. If you ever want to meet up at Arcadia, let me know. If you go early morning (8-9am) you can get 2-3 solid hours in before the tubers show up. Then it's a good time to stop for lunch, followed by some surfing. If you're willing to stay until late afternoon or evening you can get a good late day set in before going home, too.

Okie Boarder
03-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Anyone been out yet. I've gone out a couple times behind a friend's boat in the last couple weeks...earliest I've ever been out.

Okie Boarder
04-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Anyone? Got the maiden voyage out of the way and working on a few things still, but hoping to go out in early May again.

dusty2221
04-13-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm hoping to make it out Sunday for the first time in our new one. I have a punch list of things I hope to finish up Saturday morning, then we have Warrior Dash that afternoon. Hoping Sunday will be the day!

Okie Boarder
04-13-2011, 03:08 PM
What lake are you hitting?

dusty2221
04-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Texoma, always. :)

Okie Boarder
04-13-2011, 03:23 PM
That's what I kind of figured.

Okie Boarder
04-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Went out Saturday with my youngest boy and a friend of mine on his boat. We also camped out just for the night. I saw my storage neighbor out there and we did a couple pulls behind his boat (Tige 24ve). He only had his kids with him, so he couldn't board or surf, so I nicely offered my services as a driver...he he. It worked out well...I drove for him to surf and we did a little surfing too. He even gave me a quick set of pulls on the wakeboard. That boat puts off a nice wake...fairly rampy but a little more steep than I'm used to.

funkyskier
04-23-2011, 04:29 PM
If you are still needing a pull before you leave for Edmond, drop me a message. We have been boarding on Skiatook lake since Feb 22nd. I live near the lake and we have plenty of room.

Tim405
04-24-2011, 11:32 AM
We are about 5 mins driveway to boatramp from Arcadia - it's our weekday lake in the afternoons... We live North of Arcadia... so if you all see some 40 somethings in a black and white 98 Legacy - That'd be us... usually packin 3 kids and when we aren't at Tenkiller - that's where we hang... but never on holiday ( Amateur weekends) - We're more the early morning and early evening types - no crowds...

Okie Boarder
04-25-2011, 10:54 AM
If you are still needing a pull before you leave for Edmond, drop me a message. We have been boarding on Skiatook lake since Feb 22nd. I live near the lake and we have plenty of room.

We're already mved, but if I'm up there on travel some weeknight, I might touch base.

Okie Boarder
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
We are about 5 mins driveway to boatramp from Arcadia - it's our weekday lake in the afternoons... We live North of Arcadia... so if you all see some 40 somethings in a black and white 98 Legacy - That'd be us... usually packin 3 kids and when we aren't at Tenkiller - that's where we hang... but never on holiday ( Amateur weekends) - We're more the early morning and early evening types - no crowds...

Keep an eye out for us, as well. Here's a picture of our ride. We will do a few weeknights later in the season. We go there for the weekend runs too, but go early in the morning. We might stay all day, but we know our riding is usually limited to morning and evening.

Okie Boarder
05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Planning to go out to Arcadia this coming Saturday (5/7). If anyone wants to come out, let me know. We'll plan on being out there by 9ish in the morning. We'll probably stay most of the day.

Tim405
05-03-2011, 11:34 AM
That water's cccccold! we went out Thursday evening for about an hour... prob hit it Mothers day if I can talk momma into it!

Okie Boarder
05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
It's a lot warmer than it was a couple months ago on our first outing. It's almost warm enough for trunking it for me. Y'all should come out Saturday even just to cruise around and hang out. Air temp is supposed to be in the 80's Saturday. Momma can lay out and work on her tan. ;-)

Okie Boarder
05-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Anyone else around that wants to come out?

cowwboy4
05-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I'll be heading out friday.
I'll be doing work on the house and shooting guns saturday and taking my mom out sunday.
I'm rocking a 02 black / yellow wakesetter now.
I need to get your number so we can meet up sometime.
Well as long as I'm not disowned for switching to a bu. lol

Okie Boarder
05-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Too bad your plans aren't switched so you can be out Saturday...LOL!

I'll PM you my number. We definitely need to catch up.

cowwboy4
05-05-2011, 12:08 PM
We still have plenty of time. My new 750 bag will be in mid next week so will be going out next weekend to test it out.
Just got the name for the boat so can't wait to put it on.
We deffinatly need to figure something out on the pp to if we are gonna be hanging out. Can't have someone in the group without it. lol

Okie Boarder
05-05-2011, 12:15 PM
LOL on the PP. I'd love to have it, but we've done pretty good without it too. We're going to be out this Saturday, then we won't do anything until after the Memorial Day trip. We can look at June, though. We'll be going out very regular from then on out.

cowwboy4
05-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Where are you going for memorial day?
I'm heading out to eufaula but i doubt I even bring the boards.
It'll be a solid tie-up hang out weekend.
I might see how saturday works out.
Mostly depends on the weather and my crew also.
Look for us. My new ride.
http://speed-tribe.com/__FileGrabber.axd?id=23544

Okie Boarder
05-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Texoma for Memorial. We're meeting up with a bunch of the crew from this site. You should join us!

Let me know if Saturday works out...I'll keep an eye out for you. I PM'd you my number...send me yours and we'll keep in touch.

I like the ride...looks good.

Okie Boarder
05-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Planning to hit Arcadia this Saturday for anyone that wants to meet up.

cowwboy4
06-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Andy, I saw ya but the crazies were definitely out and the water was rough!!

Okie Boarder
06-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I figured that was you when we were over by the dam. It was pretty nasty. We managed to get a fair amount of surfiing in and some wakeboarding. It was a good day, for sure!

whquint09
01-23-2014, 11:34 PM
Just bought me a 98 comp/ski! New to the forums, so was looking around for people in the same area. Will definitely be hitting the waters late March through the end of the season. Arcadia is my first stop, live in SW OKC. Will be all over the state though! Hope to see you out there!

sydneyACE
04-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Just bought me a 98 comp/ski! New to the forums, so was looking around for people in the same area. Will definitely be hitting the waters late March through the end of the season. Arcadia is my first stop, live in SW OKC. Will be all over the state though! Hope to see you out there!

Get anywhere near the SW corner of the state? I have to go to Wichita Falls for training in May and June. Too expensive to take the boat down, but I'm hoping to meet-up with somebody and do some riding. I have gas money! Lol!