PDA

View Full Version : Where should I put my light bar switches??

jet
08-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey guys, I'm putting in a light bar on my tower and I'm not sure where I should put my switches?? They need to be at a fingers touch but there isn't any room on the dash? Anybody already installed any? Help! Jet

switch link
http://www.fdsons.com/black-oval-rocker-red-led-40393-p-7943.html?manufacturers_id=149

mapleleaf
09-01-2010, 12:55 AM
steering wheel's always good!!!

Okie Boarder
09-01-2010, 10:39 AM
What about to the drivers side on the wall, somewhere near the throttle?

dusty2221
09-01-2010, 10:50 AM
pics of the dash and helm?

haugy
09-01-2010, 10:50 AM
With the open air space on the flat panel on the left side under the dash, it's the best place. Me, I like my dash to look stock, and without accessory switches everywhere. All mine are out of the way and hidden, but I don't have to reach far to flip them.

That flat carpeted panel is a great place for a switch panel for tower lights, transom lights, interior LEDs, and the boat still looks bone stock. Clean and neat. Plus since you can access the panel easily since it's open the more towards the bow you go, it's easy to feed wires. Easy to drill into as well.

Another idea I did on my buddy's boat was I made a switch panel that mounted on the backside of his dash. It had the switches downward facing. And all he had to do is reach under and hit the toggle. Again, clean and unseen.

My LED's are wired in through my dash light buttons. My interior lights are now LED's so I can use that. My transom lights are the switch for the interior hatch light. Since my amp took the space, it was unused.

You've got a clean classic, don't clutter her up with switches everywhere. Just my .02 cents.

cmtaylor777
09-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I think he means, Where on the tower? You guys are going to confuse the hell out of him. Jet was the slow kid in class. Try not to confuse the man.

KG's Supra24
09-01-2010, 09:14 PM
You've got a clean classic, don't clutter her up with switches everywhere. Just my .02 cents.

Regarding the topic ... I agree with the above.

As for Chad and his name calling ... Against my wifes better judgement, I cant pass this up. I'll thank you again Chad for the banner. I love it and its hanging in my garage no matter what but ........

I'm not sure you should be calling people slow (see attachment) ... bwwahahahaha

KG's Supra24
09-01-2010, 09:16 PM
^^^ That may deserve a spot in the september thread right after your celebratory first post. :) :) :)

dusty2221
09-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha! I haven't got to hang mine yet, that right there is classic. Chad, your buddy might invest in either a program with spellcheck, a dictionary, or some glasses to proof read his prints!!! Hahahahahhahaha!

sybrmike
09-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I think that's the French pronunciation - makes it sound suave and so much more luxuarous. Classic!

Off topic - I mean, on topic: switch location possibilities are endless, just make sure it's convenient to the driver, yet out of the way so it doesn't accidentally get bumped. Don't think it needs to stay stock, but spend a little extra time & effort to keep the factory look. Aftermarket toggles and mismatched switches look tacky imho.

jet
09-02-2010, 01:31 AM
:-x...................................Stupid faces never work on here.

jet
09-02-2010, 01:35 AM
here you go................

haugy
09-02-2010, 08:51 AM
here you go................

Roger Roger, clear for take-off. Altimeter, check, Air speed, check, Flaps, check.

I think you need some more displays. :)

jet
09-02-2010, 09:10 AM
OK..ok. The gps was being used because I was on a lake I have never been on and the XM is a must!! Everything else is stock.

haugy
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Two things stand out to me:

1) There is a light switch that isn't being used. I see the nav light on, anchor light on, and courtesy lights. Do you use your interior light at all?

2) Are those two switches closest to your XM controller fuses? If so, why not switch them out to inline fuses for whatever they are for, and put push button switches like the rest in there. Skidim has button switches just like the rest of your boat for varying amperage that you can put in there. Then it will look stock, and you have your switches.

jet
09-10-2010, 05:55 PM
**Update** with pictures. Its all installed just have to finish wiring from the dash to the batt. Jet