PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass

duckseatfree
09-01-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm looking for perfect pass and the only site I can find is perfectpass.com

anyone know where else it can be bought...and how much $ it'll run?

I'm only asking b/s perfectpass.com has them at pretty much 1200 (if i'm looking at it right) I know it helps out a ton, but can you really justify $1200?

tg0824SSVGG
09-01-2010, 07:33 AM
For me, personally? Yes. My old I/O boat didn't have one, and I used it that
way for years - but driving was always a lot of work, look where you're going, check/adjust speed, watch other boats, check/adjust speed, look at your rider, check/adjust speed, etc.

I finally spent $1600 (*paid someone else to drill the 2" hole in the boat and install it*) -- never regretted it. Made driving so much less stressful, and concentrate on the
safety of you and others.

At my house, we call it the "Marriage Saver" -- lots less stress about maintaining
the correct speed for your rider. I will not own another boat without it.

Your mileage may vary - it depends on what you do with your boat. If you just go out cruising, it would not be worth the money, but if you have a fairly serious skier/wakeboarder/hydrofoiler you drag around - it's invaluable.

My $.02

saltare inverts
09-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Ive had inboard boats for 10 years. I pulled wakeboarders, kneeboarders, trick skiers, barefooters and slalom skiers. I just got perfect pass a few months ago. It is so easy and comfortable. I will never not have it again. Worth every penny. My .02.

tre
09-01-2010, 09:19 AM
It is worth every penny. My last boat did not have it and my new boat does. I will never have a boat without it again. "Marriage saver" is 100% correct. Now if they can just come up with something to get my wife to drive the boat in a straight line - lol.

wotan2525
09-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I don't have it on my boat but have driven many boats that do.... I think it's completely worth it for wakeboarding even though my boat holds speed pretty accurately. 90% of my time on the water these days is spent surfing and I don't think it would be worthwhile to me.... We use the RPMs and the throttle is just sticky enough where it stays perfectly in one spot once you set it. You can sometimes find used units on eBay or the forums to save yourself some money. WakeMikey has a thread on here about how he did that.

Okie Boarder
09-01-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd say it is worth it too. I've driven a few boats with it and love it. You can contact Ian at onlyinboards.com too, he might be able to do a little better on price.

dusty2221
09-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Marriage saver is right. Worth every penny, plus a few more!

KG's Supra24
09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love my perfectpass and not sure how I made it without it. However 1200 is a big investment. I have seen used setups for sale and would obviously be a cheaper route.

I think your situation has to weigh in also. What boat and year model? How long do you plan on keeping the boat? Etc ... Basically are you going to troupe the cost when you sell and is it s boat a buyer would expect perfect pass on?

87SunSportMikeyD
09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
duckseat - I made a thread all about how to save money on a DIY perfect pass and places to find the parts. Its still about $800. The thread is stickied in the Modifications forum.