PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Interior Lights w/ LEDs???

BadbluSi
09-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I wanted to see how you guys installed your interior LED's? I'm trying to figure out how to do it, the standard light fixtures are much larger than the LED modules!! How did you guys that have done it mount them so they dont fall back into the socket??!

87SunSportMikeyD
09-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Well most people are just putting in accent lights. It sounds to me like you are swapping your old incandescent interior lights for new LED lights? Gotta find the correct replacement I think. Mind if I edit your thread title to get some more hits?

BadbluSi
09-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Thanks Mikey, yeah I'm swapping out the old ones and replacing them with the new 4 LED units from Superbright. I wasnt sure if anyone did this, like I was saying the old housings are just about golf ball size and the LED's are closer to a quarter, I dont want the LED just flopping around.

Newty
09-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Why not use the original housings and mount the LEDs inside to maintain the cactory look.

You could also buy some thin white abs and make little backing plates to fill the hole and mount the new ones to.

Pics may be more helpful in getting more ideas.

87SunSportMikeyD
09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I think the LED's you got are intended as accent lights. Maybe check westmarine.com as they probably have inexpensive LED's that are premounted inside a fixture you could screw right into place after removing out the old one.

Then use the ones you got to make the boat glow from hidden places. :P

saltare inverts
09-03-2010, 11:38 PM
I get all my leds from oznium.com. Check it out.