PDA

View Full Version : Fulton F2 Winch

ssmith
09-05-2010, 01:49 AM
I upgraded to the F2 jack thanks to the members on this forum but decided to go ahead and add the F2 winch to complete the look. It not only looks better than the stock winch but is just a solid winch that operates very easily. Thought some of you may be interested so here's a pic...

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/scotties2006/Boating/SU1HMDAxMDktMjAxMDA4MjEtMTQ1Ny5qcGc.jpg

tg0824SSVGG
09-05-2010, 09:10 AM
NICE!

Looks very clean.

jaywidhalm
09-06-2010, 03:04 PM
That does look sweet! How much is it?

Fman
09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Ditto, I want one! nice looking upgrade!

ssmith
09-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I got mine from pacific trailers http://www.pacifictrailers.com/FULTON-F2-Trailer-Winch-w/Adjustable-Handle-2000lb-FW20000301/. However, the first one they sent was scratched up and in a plain brown box. When I called them, they told me that they got them on a pallet as bulk items and thats how they can sell them so cheap. I told them I would rather pay a little more for new had I known. They apologized and had me a new one drop shipped from Fulton without any extra charge and I shipped the other one back at their expense. I actually got mine for $107 shipped after they price matched Shadow trailers. I would have bought from Shadow but they kept giving me the run a round. I'm happy I went with Pacific.

jonyb
09-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Looks awesome! Does it bolt right up? The flipper thing on my old winch has been screwed up since the first year, so I'd really like something nicer.

MATTH53
09-07-2010, 11:37 AM
It is a sweet setup for sure. Jay I got mine in Everett at Harbour Marine for only $80 for the winch and $80 for the jack. They have a bunch of them all over their shop. You can kinda see my winch in the picture and the F2 jack is on the other side.

ssmith
09-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Looks awesome! Does it bolt right up? The flipper thing on my old winch has been screwed up since the first year, so I'd really like something nicer.

Uhhh, yes and no. They have a 3 bolt system on the F2 winch. The top bolt is a direct swap for the stock one. The bottom bolts have a center insertion point on the winch and then the 2 bolts slide in opposite directions to the outer edges. I would have had to drill the trailer for this application. I simply bought a larger washer and used the old bolt. Then I just mounted both the top bolt and the bottom bolt in the center position...just like factory. It took a little fishing to get the bottom bolt/washer positioned right but worked great with a little patience. I don't think I explained this very well but its not hard to do and doesn't require any mods to be done other than buying a large washer.

jonyb
09-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the reply Scottie, I'm sure it's easy to see once I have one.

Matt, do they sell those online? Or could you buy one and sell to me?