PDA

View Full Version : New boats

silvtongdvl
09-06-2010, 09:14 AM
I have been looking at the new 21v and 22 Supras, wanting to trade my 03 - 22 ssv in on one but none of them will fit in a standard garage with the tower down. Is this year going to be any different?

mallenger
09-26-2010, 06:01 PM
in a related question,
does anyone know the height (tower down), length and width of a 21v? My garage is 22' 8" and i'm thinking I may be able to squeeze my 2010 21v sunsport in there this winter. Any one have those specs? Thanks,

silvtongdvl
09-28-2010, 09:01 AM
You will have to remove the swimplatform of course and fold the trailer tongue. You should have enough lenght. Its the height that gets you. Most garage doors are 7ft tall, minus the framing around the opening. Thats about 6ft 10" .
I checked the new boats this year - in particular the 21v. Its not going to make it.
Roughly 7ft 5" tall with the tower folded down.

Maybe a different trailer could do it, but this problem is mostly from the height of the tower mounts above the windsheild.

Mastercraft,Malibu and Tige all have boats that will fit. I don't want to change but paying for storage is out of the question when I have other choices.

Sluggo
09-28-2010, 09:41 AM
If this is only for winter storage, there are several things I do to get my 2005 22v in my garage that would be a pain to do every time out. The things already mentioned for length, but for height, I unlatch the garage door from the opener so it will fully retract and then secure in place. That gives me almost the full 7 foot of clearance. Everyones doors will be different we get down to talking about inches and 1/2 inches. I break down the tower normally, then position the boat with my normal tow vehicle. I then use the wifes mini van with a drop draw bar to get the nose down as far as possible. I have to use a floor jack to lower it down that far as the normal trailer jack will not go this low. This gives me 2-3 to spare. If you really need more room, you could also partially deflate the tires. Just make sure you can re-inflate them once the boat is inside because I can't imagine it would be good for the tires to sit all winter only half inflated. Anyway, that is how I store mine. From wake plate touching the rear wall to swing away tongue, I only have two inches of clearance length wise, but saves me a bundle on storage. And I can pop out in the garage and work on it during the winter when it is warm.