PDA

View Full Version : WBM: Inland Surfer Aquires Flyboy Wakesurf Boards

87SunSportMikeyD
09-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Reposted from WBM:

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latestinwake/inland-surfer-announces-acquisition-of-flyboy-wakesurf-boards-and-founding-of-flyboy-division.html

Bellevue WA - Inland Surfer, the leading and original wakesurfing company announced today that it has acquired Flyboy Wakesurf Boards and has added James Walker to the Inland Surfer Team.
James Walker joins an already stacked team of wakesurfers including Keenan Flegel, the 2010 World Wakesurfing Champion. James brings some of the sport’s most technical tricks and highest aerials and is a consistent guest to the podium, most recently winning the surf division at the 2010 World Wakesurfing Championship.
“James is one of the best surf-style wakesurfers competing today. We’ve been friends with James and the Walker family since we first met them at a wakesurfing comp back in 2003. It’s been a true pleasure to watch James evolve into such a talented rider. James is a great ambassador for our sport and we are honored to have him as a member of the Inland Surfer family and a principle in our new Flyboy Division,” stated Jeff Page, owner of Inland Surfer.
James, assisted by his father Jeff, will head up the new Flyboy Division of Inland Surfer. Flyboy will focus on developing and perfecting competition level wakesurf boards for riders who want the lightest and most maneuverable board available today. The Inland Surfer line of Flyboy boards will utilize the most technologically advanced materials and manufacturing processes to build boards that will help take competitive riders to the next level.
“I’m really excited to join the Inland Surfer team. It’s going to help me focus on my wakesurfing while getting the shapes that I help design to riders all over the world. Hold on, this doesn’t mean that I have to listen to what Jeff Page says, does it?” added a clearly excited James Walker.
Look for Inland Surfer Flyboy wakesurf boards at your local board shop for the 2011 season.

87SunSportMikeyD
09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
DOesnt seem like a big deal but now IS has the two top mens wakesurfers. THey will also finally start offering a totally new shape in the FlyBoy which is suppossed to be one of the best boards ever made.

Okie Boarder
09-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Way cool! Congrats to them.

ScottnAz
09-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Wow, that's great. Congrats to James, Jeff, and Inland for joining forces.

I will say, however, I'm a little disappointed to see this happen. I, personally, felt James has(d) the power/influence/determination/skill to make Flyboy a huge and sport changing name/brand on its own. I'll be very interested to see how this plays out, as I was planning on buying a Flyboy board this off-season.

Again, congrats to them. I am not being critical, and certainly don't know the circumstances behind the merger. I have no doubt it was the right decision for the James Walker family.