PDA

View Full Version : 2k9 21V Launch - how do you reprogram the ballast timer module?

venom93corba
09-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I replaced the stock bags with some 750 and need to know how reprogram the module. Anyone remaember how to do this?

The Squeaky Wheel
09-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Below is borrowed from the Moomba forum. Per instructions given to me by Supra dealer (and personal experience) , only differences on my '09 21V are that I only flip to "fill-off-empty-fill-off-fill" and not go to empty twice as stated below, and programming must begin within 5 seconds.

To change the fill time of the ballast:

1. Connect battery to the wiring with the 60 amp breaker.

2. Disconnect power to the ballast control box by tripping the 60 amp breaker located by the battery.
a. This will have to be done for programming each ballast control box. (Left rear ballast, Right rear ballast, and Front ballast)

3. Reset the breaker

4. Within 1 minute of resetting the breaker; toggle the ballast switch (of the fill time you want to change) FILL-OFF-EMPTY-OFF- FILL-OFF-EMPTY-OFF-FILL
a. Stop with the switch toggled to FILL.
b. This will enter ballast control box into programming mode.
c. When the ballast control box goes into programming mode the pump will quit turning on.

5. The LED on the ballast switch will blink to show current fill time.
a. When counting blinks wait for the second blink cycle after the pause, blinking starts as soon as reprogramming has started and it is easy to miss the first few blinks.

b. Refer to the timing chart to determine the current fill time based on the number of blinks.

6. To ADD TIME to the fill time
a. To add 30 secs, turn ballast switch to FILL then OFF.
b. Number of blinks will increase by one each time the FILL - OFF is toggled.
c. Add remaining number of toggles of FILL - OFF to get the desired number of blinks from the timing chart.
d. End with the switch toggled to FILL to count the blinks.

7. To REMOVE TIME from the fill time.
a. To remove 30 secs, turn to OFF then DRAIN
b. Number of blinks decreases by one each time the DRAIN - OFF is toggled.
c. Add the remaining number of toggles of DRAIN - OFF to get the desired number of blinks from the timing chart.
d. End with the switch toggled to FILL to count the blinks.

8. When counting blinks wait for second blink cycle after the pause, blinking starts as soon as reprogramming has started and it is easy to miss the first few.

9. When correct blinks are obtained, switch to OFF and wait 10 seconds to allow program to be set. This will now be stored in the AI unit.

Timing Chart

Blinks Time (minutes) Blinks Time (minutes)
1 2 14 8.5
2 2.5 15 9
3 3 16 9.5
4 3.5 17 10
5 4 18 10.5
6 4.5 19 11
7 5 20 11.5
8 5.5 21 12
9 6 22 12.5
10 6.5 23 13
11 7 24 13.5
12 7.5 25 14
13 8 ETC 20min max

Rear bags – All boats = 4.5 minutes of fill time = 6 blinks

LS – split tank = 2 minutes each side = 1 blink

Front bags

Moomba
1) Outback V = 3 minutes of fill time = 3 blinks

2) LS / LSV = 3 minutes of fill time = 3 blinks

3) XLV = 4 minutes of fill time = 5 blinks

Supra
1) 20 SSV = 3 minutes of fill time = 3 blinks

2) 21 V = 4 minutes of fill time = 5 blinks

3) 22 SSV Walk-Thru = 3 minutes of fill time = 3 blinks

4) 22 SSV Play-pen = 4 minutes of fill time = 5 blinks

5) 24 SSV Walk-Thru = 3 minutes of fill time = 3 blinks

6) 24 SSV Play-pen = 11 minutes of fill time = 19 blinks

venom93corba
09-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Wow you need to be an electrical engineer!

The Squeaky Wheel
09-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Wow you need to be an electrical engineer!

It's pretty simple. The breaker is on the right hand wall of the left locker near the battery. I can trip it with one hand and hit the rocker with the other to begin the process.