PDA

View Full Version : Is this thing SCARY????

Fman
09-08-2010, 01:04 AM
I am not a big fan of jet skis, only because they do 70+ MPH and have no brakes and most of the drivers are kids. Now, this guy has brainstormed a jetski that has no driver! brilliant! and tows a skier.

One of these was on the lake I was on the other morning and I almost wanted to run it over as he was coming up behind us with my wife on the wakeboard. If this thing ever lost control or malfunctioned it would end up killing someone or putting a nice hole in your boat!

Attached is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MMESyHzoh0

I thought it was illegal to ski without a spotter!!!!

dshaff24
09-08-2010, 01:35 AM
hmmm... I wonder how it works?

tg0824SSVGG
09-08-2010, 03:53 AM
That, or something very like it, has been out for years Travis.

Interesting idea - but kinda nuts ... If you let go of the handle, it stops, and I think circles
back.

(matter of fact, it was patented in 1990)

jet
09-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Yep, they have been around since 1990, we sold them at our dive/surf shop in miami. Don't worry, they wont catch on. Jet

Credo
09-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Guess you get towed on water skis or a wakeboard while that thing crashes into boats and anything else in your way. LOL

No but seriously I found some info about them on the PWC forum. They are jet drive pretty much the same thing as on OLD kawasaki js440 or js 550 just with a cable to turn and control the throttle. I think they would be cool it you go tubing down a river it can pull you and all your buddies through the slow section.

Blackntan90
09-27-2010, 05:01 PM
LOL!! I really like the idea of tubing down the river! Maybe even tubing on the lake!

04Gravity
10-01-2010, 08:29 AM
When I slalom behind my comp and carve really hard I can feel myself pulling the back end of the boat around. I cant imagine carving behind that thing, id probably be able to spin it in a 360 just by carving

Fman
10-01-2010, 03:57 PM
When I slalom behind my comp and carve really hard I can feel myself pulling the back end of the boat around. I cant imagine carving behind that thing, id probably be able to spin it in a 360 just by carving

Believe it or not, the guy was cutting pretty hard and it tracked straight ahead. I am amazed it has enough power to pull a slalom skier out of the water.

jaywidhalm
10-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Pretty interesting anyway....you would turn a lot of heads with it I am sure.

viking
10-04-2010, 02:05 PM
How the heck would you turn that thing? I'd be afraid to cut hard and the thing jets off to the left or right. A head turner is right :)

Fman
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
How the heck would you turn that thing? I'd be afraid to cut hard and the thing jets off to the left or right. A head turner is right :)

The handle has a built in control bar, and there is a cut-off lanyard if you fall so the ski stops. As I mentioned, I just think its a bad idea.... and I dont know how its legal because you have no spotter with you. If that safety switch malfunctioned and it ran off at 25-30mph it could kill someone or severely damage a boat if it hit anything.