PDA

View Full Version : My Exile SXT65 Tower Speakers!

Razzman
09-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Thought i'd share my new tower/amp setup with everyone. Just installed four of the Exile SXT65 tower speakers along with an Exile Harpoon amp to power them. I know some will say that these aren't HLCD's and your right. I didn't feel the need for them and after adding these to the tower i'm glad i did! These things are loud and super clear! Tried them on the lake yesterday boarding, surfing and yes even tubing and all behind the boat said they could hear them loud and clear.

Just for giggles I anchored in a cove and climbed the hill way up behind the boat and they were super clear way beyond 150', maybe even double that but the bushes stopped my progess :p

The SXT65 has a more dynamic range than your normal HLCD, i wasn't looking to blast the lake just something that sounded great and covered the riders zone and these definately do it. I'm only running the Harpoon at 50% and i can't imagine how loud they be with more power!

The cool part is they don't overpower the cabin at speed and with the Throttle Box on the Harpoon you can shape the sound field for boarding, surfing or hanging out. The hidden wiring is a big plus as well. Definately way cool.

If your looking for something that doesn't break the bank you might look into these, cheers!

87SunSportMikeyD
09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
LOVE the canopy, the swim platform pad, of course the speakers and the boat in general just looks FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for posting over here!

I've GOTTA get a volume control device for next year. So sick of people forgetting the stereo for me, and it's my boat damnit!

The Squeaky Wheel
09-14-2010, 02:43 PM
I'll also give a shout out to these speakers.

Last month I installed four sxt65s on my '09 21v, driven by the Harpoon amp. I also replaced the stock Kicker cabin speakers with Exiles and added their 12" sub. I control the volume with a Wet Sounds EQ.

Sound is phenomenal. I've never wished I'd gone with a HLCD system. These are plenty loud and the quality is fantastic.

Exile customer service has been top notch. Brian is a pleasure to work with.

saltare inverts
09-17-2010, 06:31 AM
Those do look awesome. Love the boat also. Thanks for posting here.

jet
09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Man Razzman..the speaks look great and it really tops off your boat. Nice ride man. :lol: Jet

The Squeaky Wheel
09-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Here are my gratuitous Exile photos :cool:

http://gallery.me.com/jwldoc/100527/IMG_0059/web.jpg?ver=12847587140001

http://gallery.me.com/jwldoc/100527/IMG_0060/web.jpg?ver=12847587140001