PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Saltare - Damaged Driver's Side Windshield

RRTC Boat Group
09-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Recent flash flood damaged the driver's side windshield when the boat was pushed up into the roof of the dock (frame and glass). Any ideas on where to find a replacement at a reasonable cost. Thanks.

Mani
09-15-2010, 06:06 PM
What part of the country are you in?

For the frame you could try Viper Customs in Maryville TN, but there's been a lot of complaints in regards to shipping about him lately. There's a guy down the road from him, named Donny, who also carries parts like this, and I'm sure someone will chime in and mention his phone number.

For the windshield itself, I'd call a company that does flat glass and shop around a bit. If you can install it yourself I would imagine just the glass could cost between $30 and $70 pending on which piece broke and where you live.

Good luck,

Mani

sybrmike
09-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I don't know of anyone that still has complete NOS windshields for 89. I was told that there were two suppliers to Supra back then. Mine was made by American Marine. They are still in business www.americanmarine.com , but no longer carried the trim I was looking for. They did say one of the guys was still there that used to make the Supra windshields back then, so they may still have a pattern and suitable frame extrusions.

OUI
09-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Try Boat Windshields by Lawarence 504-328-1589

Okie Boarder
09-17-2010, 04:24 PM
I think you have some good suggestions on the frame. I would second the glass shop for the glass piece. If you can make them a pattern, you can get the proper glass for about $50 at most places.