PDA

View Full Version : Win this bike/Supra on triple axle R.V.

Blackntan90
09-20-2010, 08:36 PM
So we are going to the car show Saturday, and what do we see coming down 70 east- this wrapped R.V.- all kinds of ads plastered on it. I am still not sure who the main sponsor of this funmobile was, but it was cool! The trailer was some sort of custom-obviously! Bike racks, a canoe, a cool motorcycle, AND a great boat! I guess you can take it with you!

McDye
09-20-2010, 09:03 PM
That is Dave Briscoe, The Wakeboard Coach. http://www.thewakeboardcoach.com They are raffling the bike. We went to one of his Summer Sessions, super nice guy and sweet rig.

wotan2525
09-21-2010, 09:48 AM
How can that be legal? Is it really that good of an idea to hook a trailer to a trailer?

87SunSportMikeyD
09-21-2010, 10:17 AM
I have seen RV's with a trailer and then towing a car before. THat's awesome you drove by Briscoe! Hope you honked lol.

Sluggo
09-21-2010, 10:20 AM
i think it is only one trailer and since he added all that weight to the tongue, he had to add the extra axle. Looking at the website photos, looks like he used to remove the swim platform and have the bike behind the boat. I could see this being an issue given how far back the swim platform is vs the rear lights.

The only double I have seen is a pickup/fifth wheel trailer/boat. And in most cases the boat was fairly small.

McDye
09-21-2010, 12:48 PM
It is one trailer, custom built with a longer tongue to haul extra.

We were sitting at the ramp waiting on him for a Summer Seesion clinic, when the rig rounded the corner we were in awl. Another truck was used to launch so he didn't have to use the RV.

wotan2525
09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah -- I've been stuck behind those 5th wheelers + boat trailers going over mountain passes in CO. Nothing like riding a sportbike on some of the best roads in america @ 35mph because some selfish prick needs to bring his hotel and boat with him everywhere and can't find the pull-over lane.

McDye
09-21-2010, 03:00 PM
www.davesrodsandchops.com site you can get tickets....

Blackntan90
09-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all the info guy's! It is just 1 trailer, but it is awesome! Yeah I did honk at them- too bad I don't have a Supra sticker on my new tow vehicle! They probably thought I was some nut! Acouple of friends we go camping with at the lake tow tandems, one guy even uses a 1500 suburban, and tows a 35 foot camper with a couple of jet skis on the back!

DAFF
09-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Ive measured it out.... Truck, 5th wheel, and Supra 74.5'. Only if I can get the wife to relax just pulling the 5th wheel. With a boat behind the train she will have to be sedated!!!

In these parts you are allowed 75.5' from bumper to bumper.