PDA

View Full Version : Help NewbGirl Find a Board!

Newbie girl
09-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I am looking for suggestions as well for a board. I started surfing in late 2008, and have experienced the sweet spot many times behind a moomba. Hope to surf early next year with my boat. So I am 5'4" and want a board that I can move on, ride the wake and attempt (I stress that word strongly :)) to do some tricks on. Any suggestions?
I do currently have a board but it's thick and a little too long
Thanks!

ScottnAz
09-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I do currently have a board but it's thick and a little too long
Too easy.... :p:rolleyes::confused::p

No, seriously, what board are you riding now? Do you have a budget in mind? Does it have to fit in a wakeboard rack? Are there any good shops around you that demo boards, and which ones? Will anyone else be riding the board, or just you?

Newbie girl
09-12-2010, 08:51 PM
You're right, I set myself up for that one!
well budget wise with the purchase of the boat and then I still need to buy ballast bags, etc, I am trying to save a little money with the board. I do have a friend that is just starting to surf, but this board would be just for me and no at this time don't plan on putting in a wakeboard rack. We did some flintstone ballast yesterday and today - a little lifting and some work, but it worked and I ended up with a short wake using my old thick board :)
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc103/DebraM26/Supra%20boat%202010/th_DSC00132.jpg (http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc103/DebraM26/Supra%20boat%202010/?action=view&current=DSC00132.jpg)

DintyMo
09-13-2010, 02:50 PM
I have that same board (The Liquidforce fish fin). Great slasher. However, a friend of mine has a 24/7 Malibu - huge wake - and we surf 6-,9-,11-foot regular surf board behind it. Great fun. I haven't tried behind my Supra. I don't get as a good of a shaped wake as he. I'm still working on it.

87SunSportMikeyD
09-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Hope you dont mind, I broke these posts off into your own thread. Each person may need a different sized board, so lets keep the post goin.

As I suggessted in my PM, the IS Sweet Spot should be a good board for you. Also consider Phase Five Icon, anything from CWB (check wakeworld reviews), or the Hyperlite Coex.

the IS and P5 are epoxy boards and the CWB and Hyp are compression molded. Epoxy is a bit nicer

Newbie girl
09-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks Mikey - looking now at the CWB - the tsunami or the heartbreaker, they are both exactly the same measurements, etc. Just depends on what color/design I want to go with. Great prices as well.