PDA

View Full Version : Covers... Snap on?

cadunkle
09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
I have an '89 Saltare which I have a full cover that goes overtop and ties off on the trailer. With a couple posts on it this keeps it dry inside when it rains, as it sits outside unfortunately (for now, want to either find storage for over the winter or get a "portable garage").

Before mid summer next season I want to get a cover that will work well with the boat in the water. I stay on a lake in Maine for a week or two every summer and need to be able to cover the boat. I've always had snap on covers, which were already installed on my previous boats. Was thinking about the best way to do it on the Saltare. Was thinking about a full snap cover with snaps just under the rub rail. Just thought of an issue with that looking at the boat today, is that would cover the cleats. I'll normally have a mooring available to use the bow eye any time it'll stay in the water, but if I get stuck typing up at a dock I want to be sure it'll be covered nicely. Any thoughts? Anyone have a snap cover? How did you do it? Any pictures? Going to try a local shop for some upholstery I need done and talk to them about a cover when I do that. Also any idea on ballpark cost so I know if they're in line or too expensive?

cadunkle
01-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Bringing this back from the dead. Spring is getting close, in another month or two I'll be bringing the boat to have a couple seats reupholstered and will probably have the shop do a snap cover. Still not sure what my preference is for where the cover/snaps should come to on the boat. Full cover, around the windshield and inside the grab rail up front? Anyone have a snap cover? If I go around the windshield frame this would leave the vents uncovered. Any worries about water from this? It wouldn't be much water and the pump would take care of it, but I hate hte boat getting any wetter than it has to. Snaps are ugly, but damn convenient.

So... Pictures? Thoughts?

viking
01-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Here's my snap-on cover on my 07 moomba OB.
As far as snap location I just used the OEM snaps and ditched the OEM snap cover (and cover poles) so I didn't have a chance to choose where they went. But I also didn't have to create alot of NEW holes. Only added one near the middle tower mount to keep the cover tight there. I tow with it all the time. On the transom I replaced the rubrail screws with snap studs.

Don't know how much that helps?

iwakeboard
01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I wish I had a full cover if only for the winter, the snap cover is great and yea it's really convenient but it doesn't keep water out. I get alot of water coming in between the bow and cabin covers, which are only connected by velcro. Also, I get water in where the tower mounts.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs175.snc3/20248_781370325535_9403317_44270812_561916_n.jpg