PDA

View Full Version : Drain Petcocks

Okie Boarder
09-28-2010, 11:45 AM
I thought I remembered someone mentioning putting in drain petcocks in place of the plugs on the block and manifolds. Am I remembering correctly? Anyone have pictures? I'm thinking this might be a good thing to do as winter approaches and it is desired to drain the block, but not yet fully winterize after a day at the lake.

Matt Laird
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Agreed Okie, Lets get a Winterizing tread going... JIC we have forgotten something....

Everyone except Dusty, (you need a hot coco machine installed) if your planning on keeping it out this winter...

dusty2221
09-28-2010, 12:13 PM
haha, matt, you an come ride with us. :)

DKJBama92Mariah
09-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Skidim carries the kits with all five plugs needed.

jet
09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Im sure you can DIY this from lowes. They should have those in stock. I would look there 1st. Here is a 2nd step you can do for $5 to drain the risers after each time out to the lake. I just open the eng cover, undo the water hose and most of the water drains out. Quick and easy. Jet

Okie Boarder
09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
So that's just a closed loop between risers until you take it apart....hmm, I like that.

wotan2525
09-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Im sure you can DIY this from lowes. They should have those in stock. I would look there 1st. Here is a 2nd step you can do for $5 to drain the risers after each time out to the lake. I just open the eng cover, undo the water hose and most of the water drains out. Quick and easy. Jet

Nice transmission cooler!

jet
09-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Actually Its a cool can. lol. I needed it before the 4-blade went on for xtra hp, it cools the fuel and makes it more dense which adds more fuel and air making FAST responsive throttle and more HP!! Dont use it much anymore with the 4-blade..now she takes off like a NITRO boat!! It feels like she jumps out of the water..seriously. Jet

docdrs
10-03-2010, 10:13 PM

this is good......but ya might want to use washing machine hose, as the water in the exhaust mani gets hot and might expand and heat the hose and cause hose fitting failure. it may not be a concern as there isn't a lot of pressure on those fittings tho, i had this failure happen on a garden hose sprayer that i use in my basement laundry tub with hot water but there is 60 -80 psi on it ,replaced with thicker washing machine hose and no probs

01SupraLaunch
10-04-2010, 10:27 AM
I need to see a list of what I need to do to winterize. This is my first year with a boat.

Can someone bulletize the steps and elaborate if possible??

Thanks guys!!!!

Okie Boarder
10-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Check this one out. It should help.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=5025