PDA

View Full Version : After market wakeboard tower reviews

foxriverat
10-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Thinking of looking for a deal on a tower for my 96 ts6m comp over the winter. I was wondering if members who have purchased after market towers wouldnt mind posting a picture of their tower. And a small review. Pros. Cons. Would you reccomend. For members who are thinking about getting a tower. I like the new dimmensions. $1850 plus shipping bare bones. Then you see an Ariel with speakers, racks, light bar, bimini and wiring for $1795 shipped. You have to wonder.

chrisk
10-06-2010, 06:12 PM
I have an 85 Supra Sun Sport and we put the black Aerial Airborne on it last spring. So far, I've loved it. Fairly easy installation if you take your time and don't rush things. I think it runs very nicely with the lines of my boat. It's very solid on the boat, the 2 speakers I got with it look very professional and work great, the racks work great, and the mirror is awesome. There are only two cons I can think of to this tower. They both involve folding it down. If you're a person that needs to fold the tower down every time you bring your boat in then there's a couple small problems. The first is, it gets old using an allan wrench to loosen the bolts holding the tower down. I don't know if this is common with other towers but I didn't like it so I ordered after market bolts that have large black knobs on them to make folding it down much easier. The bolts work great and the problem is solved. The second problem (which may be a common problem with all towers) is that depending on the shape of your boat you may have to be careful folding it down to avoid the tower legs scratching the powder coat. It happened a couple times to mine and it's just a little annoying. If you aren't getting black though you probably wouldn't have to worry. I'll post a link to my boat and some other Supras on the Aerial website. Mine's the black boat with pink and blue striping. Aerial is very good about customer service and actually sent me a free t-shirt for sending them pics.

http://www.aerialwake.com/gallery/wakeboard-boat-gallery.lasso?-token.model=Supra

Kip
10-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I put a TL wakeboard tower http://cgi.ebay.com/New-TL-Wakeboard-Ski-Tower-Universal-Polished-Aluminum-/280570859559?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4153539027 on our 88 Mariah this past winter and have been very happy with it. They are a little under $700 with shipping right now however I got mine about $150 cheaper because I bought it in the middle of the winter :D

The only draw back I have found is that it uses four small bolts for each foot instead of one larger ( no problems with it just would have rather had only four holes in the boat). Folding it down is the same as Chris's but we never fold it down so it is a non issue for me.

The TL tower suggested minimum width is a little wider than the Aerial Tower so make sure it works with your comp.

Kip
https://forum.supraboats.com/picture.php?albumid=173&pictureid=1493

foxriverat
10-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the reviews. Very helpfull. I like both towers. I also like the reasonably priced Big Air towers. I will be looking all winter. Hoping to find a good price in the off season.

foxriverat
10-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Any reviews on the Monster, Diy wake or Big air towers?

foxriverat
10-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Kip your tower is the big air vapor. TL and big air are both out of Oklahoma. Check out the second picture. Same boat and tower. http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Big-Air-Vapor-Wakeboard-Tower-Aluminum-Universal-/220679869096?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33618b92a8

Kip
10-18-2010, 09:48 AM
That is definitely my tower. They must have though TL towers was not a good enough name.

BigCity444
10-20-2010, 04:33 PM
This was my second season with the MT2 from Monster. I like how clean it looks and you can expand it easy with cargo rack, speakers and side racks. I wanted to maintain the sleek look of a slalom ski boat and the MT2 allowed me to adjust the height which did this. The tow eye is approximately 6.5 feet from the floor. With the cargo rack on, there is 5 feet 9 inches from the floor.

I'm 6 feet tall but I ski with my family who are all about 5'8". Mostly kids under 6 years. The cargo rack provides enough shade and gives storage.

foxriverat
10-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks big. The Monsters seem to fold down fairly easy. That would be important to me. I keep the boat on a lift with a canopy on the fox in St Charles. And I`m sure you know how that river rises.