PDA

View Full Version : Help with weighting setup

cmtaylor777
10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Man I have read eveyones threads in here and I can't seem to pin down info that pertains to my setup. I need to fine tune my wave and I can't seem to get it right.
I have an 04 launch direct drive which seems to be not wanting to work with me. I have loaded the boat down with several sacs but still can't get it right. Please give me any suggestions you may have that can give me the best wave I can come up with. Here is what I'm working with....

Internal bags- these both came stock
I'm guessing a 300lb hard ballast under the rear bench.
A front bag under the pass through that is a 650lb ( again I'm guessing)

External bags-
400lb fly high bag
400lb fly high bag
650lb fly high bag

Best I have found so far is front internal sack full along with a 400lb external in the center of the playpen. Then a 650lb on the floor beside the motorbox with a 400 stacked on the surfside corner running halfway on the 650. I didn't fill the rear internal because it runs across the width of the back of the boat so I figured it would level the boat more.

What does everyone think? Should I fill the back internal bag? Change the placement of external bags? More here less there? What has worked in the past for you guys with direct drives? If you are out there!

We surf goofy (driver side) side so I know this will have a factor on things.

Please help my fellow compodre's!

dusty2221
10-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Let's stick with letting the girls kick it on yours, and we can just take mine. Problem solved. lol.

cmtaylor777
10-08-2010, 04:09 PM
No kidding. I have to get mine to put out a wake like yours. Its rediculous.

cmtaylor777
10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Anyone....anyone...???

mapleleaf
10-10-2010, 08:41 PM
which side of the boat does Jet end up on????

Matt Laird
10-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Chad I have 1/2 a ton of pop bags in my boat... Next time were together you can grab a few untill you get it pin pointed perfectly..