PDA

View Full Version : Good News Finally.....

brack
10-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Well finally some good news . its been awhile since ive been here due to Honey Dos , school stuff , honey dos , work , honey dos....well yall get the point .

my fuel issue was driving me crazy and after pulling the tank ( twice ) and cleaning out . installing new fuel lines, replacing filler hose , filter , fuel /water seperator.AND , AND i comment , cleaning the dip tube going into tank I got her running again . The dip tube was my main culprit in the boat stalling under a a heavy throttle . I could blow through it so i didnt think i had a problem. The screen was packed with debris . I found this when i picked up the tube to install it and "stuff" dropped out .

Took her out tonight and she ran fine , except for a few stumbles when i turned . Guess thats a carb issue with the bowls . Important thing is shes back in the water and its still 90 down here. !!!!

tg0824SSVGG
10-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeaaaahhhh!

Mani
10-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Awesome Brack. Glad you got her running again.

sybrmike
10-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Great News! - glad your persistance finally paid off. I'm sooo jealous (boat's still in pieces here).

Oh well, at least I still got wet this weekend - the pool was 80 and the hot tub 100...

brack
10-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks and a big amen on the hot tub . Been enjoying ours big time these past two weeks . weathers been SUPER . Hey Mike , what are you working on now?? I still need to make it out ur way soon.

Okie Boarder
10-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Congrats! I bet it was nice being out on the water again.

sybrmike
10-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Stumble on turns - maybe float level too low (starve) or high (flood)?

Still waiting on my trailer to get back from powdercoat. Part of my low $ deal was they'd take it as fill in work & of course, their real business immediately picked up & pushed me aside. Now they say 1-2 more weeks...

Work & kid's schedules have kept me from much boat progress, but spending a little time on misc stuff (engine prep, window tint, etc.) until I can get the hull bottom back on the trailer. Not much to see yet, but let me know if you ever want to head over.