PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Wild Wings

Ed G
10-11-2010, 12:20 PM
a new wing restaurant called "Buffalo Wild Wings" just opened up in my town.

Anyone ever eaten at one of these restaurants? Any good?

wotan2525
10-11-2010, 12:34 PM
They are headquartered up here in Minneapolis and it's a pretty popular chain. I personally can't stand it, though -- they have a really open floor plan and high, high ceilings so it is always super loud and I think it's expensive for what it is. I go there once in a while during NFL season as you can usually check out a few games at once... but... the local places have better wings and cheaper beer!

Ed G
10-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks!

I'm a take-out guy myself and I'm always on the hunt for better wings.

ever have Beef O' Brady's wings? If so how, do they compare to BWW?

So far my favorite are either my own, or a place called Hurricane Wings.

tg0824SSVGG
10-11-2010, 03:00 PM
They are here too - I have not been, my kids say they are "pretty good" -- not better than some of hte local joints, but pretty good.

Matt Laird
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
We have them all over the south... They have the best Buffalo Chicken salad... They also have 30something flavor of wings, cold beer & a full bar... Great atmosphere if you like sports... They are a Higher class sports bar...

sybrmike
10-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Agreed - open & loud, but relatively "kid friendly" for a sports bar. Wings are so so, but the burgers are pretty good - they even have one with pulled pork on top of the beef pattie.

Mani
10-12-2010, 09:35 AM
There's one within two to three miles of you at any given point in the DFW area. My buddy Bobby and I used to do a weekly wing night there on Tuesdays. They have some sort of special on Tuesdays. $0.45 wings if IIRC. The only thing that irritated us was consistency. Sometimes you get great wings with the right amount of sauce, sometimes they're just dry and almost flavorless. We've tried three of their restaurants and they all had consistency problems.

On the bright side, they are family friendly (during family appropriate hours), they have bookoos of sauce selections, and sporting events on more screens than you can shake a stick at.

JMVOTTO
10-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Ed,

Not even close to the real buffalo wings up North. Hooters and hurricanes are better, but still not the real deal.

Ed G
10-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey JM! Whatcha doin over here?

Hooters is better than BWW?

That says a lot. I think Hooter's wings totally suck.

Hurricane wings are the best I've had. Never had real Buffalo wings.

I do recall how the Ground Round restaurants up north used to have all you can eat wings for $6.95.

I once ate 40 of them tasty buggers :)

JMVOTTO
10-17-2010, 09:39 PM
same thing your doing. just looking around.

Haven't been to a ground round in 20 yrs, but do remember the all you can't eat wings. not bad at all..;)

Ed G
10-18-2010, 12:19 PM
If your over here to look for spammers to knock off, then your doing the same thing as I :)

dshaff24
10-19-2010, 12:09 AM
We call Buffulo wild wings BDUBS.. Tomarrow is my birthday and Thats where I want to go with the fam! Great Wings.. Nice and cold 23 oz cold drafts.. Only downfall for me is they don't have Blue moon on tap

Ed G
10-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Blue Moon! I tried that once when I couldn't get my regular beer (Yuengling). I liked it.

iwakeboard
10-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Have not read the thread so I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not but I've NEVER been to a BWW with good service, it's always horrible. They also almost always mess my order up in some way, shape or form. If you have a Wild Wings Cafe in your area it's 100% better. The only reason I still continue to go to BWW is because it's 5 minutes from my house and WWC is 25 minutes.

iwakeboard
10-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Plus WWC lets us wakeboard in their pond :D

viking
10-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Mmmmmm - buffalo wild wings food and Blue Moon Brewskies. Been throwing them down for years. I like the place myself :)