PDA

View Full Version : tranny Question....

brack
10-12-2010, 09:27 PM
seems like i cant win for losing right now . During the run this past sunday to test the fuel issues , she ran fine , EXCEPT , for two time where is felt like the tranny slipped . finished up the dAY , loaded her up and thought OK....well today when i opened up the doghouse , there was trans fluid all in the bilge .
(1) couldnt see any obvious leaks
(2) have a brand new cooler
..... Question is , am i right in assuming that it could only leak from (a) hoses , (b)cooler , (c) front and rear seals

kinda getting a little upset here .

Clint ??????? , anyone ????

beast 496
10-12-2010, 10:36 PM
You can also leak from the selector valve body, neutral safty valve, and of course the hi pressure valve body. Al

WakeSurfCanada
10-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Hey Brack,

I'm in the exact same spot as you, for my short lived season I just kept topping up my fluid and everything ran well, but I will defiantly be pulling my tranny when the motor is out for the stringer job this winter. I will keep you posted on my experience.

From what I have been reading could be misalignment due to rotten stringers, or potentially some seals in need of replacement.

Cheers

csuggs
10-14-2010, 03:36 PM
My tranny never leaked any fluid, but Al is correct about all the different places it can leak. If you can't see an obvioous trail of oil from where it leaked, it could be that it's coming out the front (input shaft) seal and dripping out the bell housing. At least the season is over so you can tear it down - that's what I'm doing since I have an apparent bent output shaft.

brack
10-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Season over..?????? No way , its still 90 degrees down here . Thanks all for the input , going to get a good look at it this weekend hopefully.