PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Prop for 84 Rider

sydneyACE
10-13-2010, 06:00 PM
So, I finally got my "new" boat home. I'll start a new thread with some pics later. She was cheap, and needs LOTS of work, but she's mine. :)

This winter, I'm gonna be getting her ready for the water. One of the primary things I need is a prop.

I don't care if it's in rough shape, ect. I just need something to get her going this spring. I'm looking for something cheap as funding is limited.

Let me know if any of you can help. Thanks!

sydneyACE
02-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Bump!
Hey everyone! Still looking for a cheap prop for this old Rider.
I measured the shaft, it is tapered from 7/8" to 1". I'm assuming this is the standard 1" that most use, or is my shaft "special"? Was thinking a 13x13 3-blade would be perfect, but any size will work as I will need a baseline to size a permanent prop from. Anyone that has one let me know! Thanks

P.S. I lifted the motor out of the boat yesterday, and took a couple of pics. So, I'll post those when I get home tonight in the "Pride and Joy" section like I promised MONTHS ago. Man I'm such a slacker... :(

mysledblows
02-15-2011, 07:57 PM
I've got a 14x16 3 blade taking up space on the wall. If youi interested shoot me a message and maybe we can make a deal.

sydneyACE
02-15-2011, 11:14 PM
I've got a 14x16 3 blade taking up space on the wall. If youi interested shoot me a message and maybe we can make a deal.

Hmmm... I think that might be too much prop for this boat. I'm not sure though, anyone else know?

I'll do a lil more research, thanks for the reply

87SunSportMikeyD
02-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Hey Sydney you will have to find a little our about the engine, if it rotates LeftHand or RightHand (for older boats LH is most common), and if the transmission is 1:1 gear ratio (which it proabably is).

A 1" tapered bore is also the most common on older boats. Do you have the little "keys" or tiny square piece of brass? Get a couple.

I would personally recommend Ski-it-again.com for used props.
http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Propeller

You are right to look for a 13x13 3 blade or possibly a 13x11 or 13x11.5 for boarding.

The boats that take four blade props or props like the one MSB has are for newer boats with a gear reduction transmission.