PDA

View Full Version : Taking off the backs of the seats attached to the boat

bansheez71
10-18-2010, 10:09 PM
I have a 2001 Supra Launch SSV. I am getting the entire interior replaced, but I can't figure out how to get the backs and sides of the seats detached from the boat. Unless you are an ambidextrous wee man, I don't see how this can be accomplished. Does anybody know how to get these off as there are no access points?

saltare inverts
10-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I had the same problem on my last supra. I had to take off padded plates with speakers etc in them and cut access holes that I knew would be covered back up.

mapleleaf
10-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Found the same on my Conbrio, thru bolted to the gunwhale, accessable by removing the padded trim panels that Inverts mentioned......

DAFF
10-27-2010, 12:28 AM
I think the seats are mounted to the boat before the top cap is mounted to the hull. Verry little to no room .... Some 1/4" ratches 1/4" drive and philips bits will help win the battle. A small mechanics camera can help locate the mounting points.

sybrmike
10-27-2010, 05:15 PM
I agree with Daff - on my Saltare, they either installed some panels prior to mating the halves or used NBA centers with skinny 7' arms or circus contortionists.

Check every possible opening of your specific boat in the area you're trying to remove - speakers, glovebox, air inlet vents, cup holders, etc. The camera scope is a great idea, but you might also be able to feel through the foam or gently pry the panel at the edges to locate fastener locations.

My new interior panels definetely will not be using all of the original mount points.