PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With This Site???

cmtaylor777
10-19-2010, 01:03 PM
OK Boys. The thing I loved about this site seems to be gone. Not sure if its because everyone is out riding but it seems like getting people to reply to guestions or comments is like an act of congress. What gives??? This thing only works if you REPLY. Take a look at the latest threads and you will find that it is the same few people that reply to everything. Thank You to those few, but we need more. Don't be selfish boys. Chime in even if you think what you are saying has already been said. I come to this site religously and I find myself wondering over to other forums more and more. If you don't believe me, Look around and try to find some of the veterans that use to be here. They are fewer and fewer these days.

Come on Guys and girls, Get with it. Keep this site what it is meant to be. :cool:

jet
10-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Are you yelling at me..don't make me pull this car over, I'll ...well you know. I think the site fell asleep, yawn..yawn..yawn. But! I havent boarded in 2-wks now either, and havent had time to work on the boat. Cant wait for our Broken Bow trip this weekend..THEN I'll have something to chat on line about. Come on Friday!!

dusty2221
10-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Jet, you were uninvited.

For real.

Kma4444
10-19-2010, 04:16 PM
It is interesting, I am new here but there seems to be a regular stream of visitors but very little discussion. Just thought it was the way it is 'round these parts.

The Squeaky Wheel
10-19-2010, 04:24 PM
It's mid-October. Most of the boats in the US have been winterized. It will pick up again in the spring

Sluggo
10-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Winterizing? Crap, I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing last weekend instead of watching football.

mapleleaf
10-19-2010, 05:05 PM
it has been a bit quiet, the days are shorter, total bummer....

cmtaylor777
10-19-2010, 05:10 PM
See, I thought the same thing. But then I started looking for the regulars. Trust me, They are posting on other sites. Yhis one has just fell asleep.

And Jet, I was yelling at you!!

Matt Laird
10-19-2010, 05:59 PM
I've been gone a while... This is my busy quarter... Once it gets too cold to go outside I'll be back on here on my usual basis....

cmtaylor777
10-19-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm sure it will pick back up when people get off of the water in the winter but, Dang!

Newbie girl
10-19-2010, 06:31 PM
I thought it was because I was a girl :rolleyes:

rludtke
10-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Winterizing? Crap, I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing last weekend instead of watching football.

yeah, my boat is now put away for the winter.. Go Seahawks!

DAFF
10-19-2010, 09:00 PM
All this time I thought this was Plowsite...... The White Gold will soon be falling !!!

WadsworthSunsport22V
10-19-2010, 10:55 PM
I have been traveling like a crazy person recently. I just have not had time to look at the board on a regular basis. I finally gave in and called my shop to winterize my boat last Saturday. I will not have a weekend home until late November.

Kma4444
10-20-2010, 09:06 AM

But But But, that's a GOOD thing

87SunSportMikeyD
10-20-2010, 11:42 AM
I always get kinda sad when fall comes. My baby is winterized now. I have also done almost every mod and bought almost everything I can buy/afford. :) I have been spending a bit more time on home brewing sites too. I have not had a ton of things to post about here lately. :)

iwakeboard
10-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I've not been around as much because school started back up for me in August and it's been too crazy for me to get anything accomplished in my free time because of work and school.

Blackntan90
10-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Looks like most of us have alot of stuff going on this time of year,I know I am busier than a one-legged man at an ass-kicking contest! But even if I don't post everytime I lurk, does not mean I don't love this site!

Okie Boarder
10-21-2010, 04:18 PM

No, we like girls...especially ones that like water and wear bikinis. oops, I meant to just think that, not type it. ;-)

saltare inverts
10-22-2010, 02:08 PM
I have a real reason for fewer posts. I am moved now to Pa in temp. housing until my new house closes. Very busy.. My 4 yr son is so upset the boat is in storage instead of by our apt. He keeps wanting to bring it to the apt but we cant. Gotta enjoy his love for boating.

jet
10-25-2010, 09:50 AM
I am falling asleep here...zzzzz! zzzzz!

RanceOU
10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Crazy busy, i have to admit today is the first time i have checked this site in two weeks. Shame on me!!!:D

87SunSportMikeyD
10-25-2010, 03:39 PM
And when u finally do stop in - no pics! WTH we wanna see that fine lady! :) :) :)

jasonba1
10-25-2010, 04:15 PM
sorry guys I havent been around much either heck I just realized I didnt have any pics of my boat up so I just did that. Between work, moving into another house, boating and wakeboarding events its been crazy, but hopefully that is going to slow down other than hutning season so Ill be around more. Hope everyone enjoyed there summer were still out riding some but its starting to cool down pretty quick

JoHNI_T
10-26-2010, 02:23 PM
post....

me too got busy,,, boat just went away last ride was october 7th about15 degrees,, wet suit ON

last lil pull of the year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKWfDcsjOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKOFFAuB20E

buddies last pull,, ballast was drain n wake was almost a wash and he pulls a lil 360... good summer time for sled season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg2JjXU-oZE

DKJBama92Mariah
10-29-2010, 05:15 PM
It always slows down in the off-season. Many years ago we could go months without a new post.

As far as my own posts are concerned. I will only post in a topic if I am knowledgeable on that particular topic and feel I can make a meaningful contribution. I will not post uninformed static only for the purpose of upping my post count. My personal philosophy on posting is quality over quantity. I am not suggesting that others must follow this philosophy, y'all are free to post as you see fit. However, those that post information or advice that I consider to be dangerous should expect to be called on it.

Just two measly cents from an old salt on this forum.

87SunSportMikeyD
11-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Many years ago we could go months without a new post.

I can personally guarantee that will not happen again while I am here! :) :)

cadunkle
11-05-2010, 04:49 PM
I have a real reason for fewer posts. I am moved now to Pa in temp. housing until my new house closes. Very busy.. My 4 yr son is so upset the boat is in storage instead of by our apt. He keeps wanting to bring it to the apt but we cant. Gotta enjoy his love for boating.

So you made the move... Hope it's working out well for you. Hope to see you on the river in the spring!